Premed 101 Forums

Clinical Placement on OMSAS

Hi all, so here is my story...

I recently completed the Life Science and X-Ray Technology program at Queen’s University. This is a collaborative program where I completed the first two years of my education at Queen’s University in the Life Science department and last two years at Eastern Ontario School of X-Ray Technology (EOSXT). During my last year in the x-ray program, I did my placement within a hospital setting for a considerable amount of time (over 2000 hours) so I gained a ton of clinical experience. Upon completion of the program, I realized that the only thing that will ever make me satisfied in the long run was to pursue medicine for my own intellectual challenge. Thus, I have decided to apply for a couple of medical schools this cycle. As I am completing the ABS section of OMSAS, I am conflicted to where I should write down the clinical experience that I have gained in the past 12 months. Even though it should technically go under Formal Education, I was wondering if it can go under EC (or other application sections) since putting it under Formal Education will not allow me to elaborate on everything that I have learnt.

I would really appreciate any input and suggestion to provide me with some clarity over this subject matter! THANKS :)

Thanks for your timely reply!

One of the schools that I am applying to is OttawaU. And to my understanding, unlike UofT applications where you are able to elaborate, UofO simply uses the ABS descriptions when assessing you as a candidate...

Thanks for your timely reply!

One of the schools that I am applying to is OttawaU. And to my understanding, unlike UofT applications where you are able to elaborate, UofO simply uses the ABS descriptions when assessing you as a candidate...

I would still place it under Other since it's not an extra curricular and you want it to stand out from your formal education. In others write 2000+ hours at xyz. This might spark interest and they might grant you an interview to ask further Qs on that activity.

Archived