Premed 101 Forums

"High Performance" Question

Hey all,

First time posting on here, long time reader. I assume this question has been asked before, but here goes nothing.

I played Piano for about 16 years, completing the 10 levels of the Royal Conservatory of Music, picking up a few First Class Honours and Honours distinctions along the way. I also completed all the of History and Harmony Theory exams, and obtained my final diploma from the RCM.

This was a lifelong daily commitment, and the hours add up to about 5800, and it also led to me creating my own business with my sister teaching up to 30 piano students at our home (although this is in a separate section under Employment History).

Now here's my concern. This is by far my biggest activity in terms of hours, and I fear that if it isn't good enough to go under High Performance, I've heard that activities placed under the wrong category are simply ignored.

Any advice on where to put this activity?

Hey all,

First time posting on here, long time reader. I assume this question has been asked before, but here goes nothing.

I played Piano for about 16 years, completing the 10 levels of the Royal Conservatory of Music, picking up a few First Class Honours and Honours distinctions along the way. I also completed all the of History and Harmony Theory exams, and obtained my final diploma from the RCM.

This was a lifelong daily commitment, and the hours add up to about 5800, and it also led to me creating my own business with my sister teaching up to 30 piano students at our home (although this is in a separate section under Employment History).

Now here's my concern. This is by far my biggest activity in terms of hours, and I fear that if it isn't good enough to go under High Performance, I've heard that activities placed under the wrong category are simply ignored.

Straight from the Help Guide...I'd advise you read it:

Please list each activity only once, even if you think it fits into more than one category. It is up to you to decide which activities to include and under which categories to include them. The Admissions Office will not provide advice or guidance about this. You will not be penalized for putting an activity in the ‘wrong’ category.

Speaking of which, I had a question myself. Would breaking the friendzone with a girl be regarded as high performance? It took me almost four years but I finally did it. I mean, very few ever get to this stage, right?

From the help guide...

Occasionally, applicants have been or are involved in one or more activities at a level that exceeds what can be expected of a typical, average applicant. These individuals receive recognition by way of non-academic awards, citations, honours, etc., that are reserved for only the highest examples. If you have attained a high level of performance in an activity or received an exceptional level of recognition, please provide the details.

Speaking of which, I had a question myself. Would breaking the friendzone with a girl be regarded as high performance? It took me almost four years but I finally did it. I mean, very few ever get to this stage, right?

From the help guide...

I have done it as well. We are part of an exclusive group, definitely worthy of high performance. :D

From the help guide...

You should definitely include that. Congrats!

From the help guide...

We would have to interview the girl to determine whether you have entered "high performance" as obviously, you are in no position to judge ;) although you are certainly entitled to wishful thinking. :P

Hey all,

Your piano definitely goes under high performance. Bigger accomplishment than most items in my high perf... Good luck

Archived