Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS - Referee

Hi, I was filling out the OMSAS referee form, and I got a little confused about what I should write for organization name. My reference is from a university, and I have already chosen that in the drop down list, so do I write the University name again or do I leave it blank. And there was already another section for department in the University.

Also, if my reference is not from a university, do I ignore the location institution/institution name sections?

I'm really confused...

thanks guys!

Hi, I was filling out the OMSAS referee form, and I got a little confused about what I should write for organization name. My reference is from a university, and I have already chosen that in the drop down list, so do I write the University name again or do I leave it blank. And there was already another section for department in the University.

Also, if my reference is not from a university, do I ignore the location institution/institution name sections?

I'm really confused...

thanks guys!

Sometimes professors are also affiliated with local hospitals, etc. so that might go in the organization section. If your referrer is not from a university then just list whatever contact details you feel are necessary. No harm in not writing something in the institution section if it doesn't apply.

Hope this clears things up for you!

Archived