Premed 101 Forums

2012 International Medical Graduate Information Symposium

dokrbb

Given the title of the Symposium, I assume that mostly the IMGs would be able to answer to my questions (no chances that any CMG have pariticipated to this one, still may have heard something about), so ...

Are there any advantages goiong to this Symposium?, Would there be provided any extra info that we can't find on the official websites and/or could be helpful/advantageous/useful for CaRMS matching process?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

So, it has been a couple of days and no answers/suggestions,

would this mean that there is NO any IMGs on this forum, who have eventually been there?

or,...it's just a passive-agressive behaviour toward another IMGs that ask questions?

anyways, it's just sad

So, it has been a couple of days and no answers/suggestions,

would this mean that there is NO any IMGs on this forum, who have eventually been there?

or,...it's just a passive-agressive behaviour toward another IMGs that ask questions?

anyways, it's just sad

Dude just go to the symposium if you're curious. We obviously don't know much about it to respond to your question. I don't plan to attend this symposium, nor have I heard any of my colleagues talk about it. I suspect this will be very helpful for foreign trained medical grads that are unaware of the Canadian system or need help with their carms application.

I can find most of the information on Carms website. I suspect that's the case with most Canadian IMGs on this forum. Before criticizing your peers, how about you attend the symposium and educate us all? Just a thought...

I can find most of the information on Carms website. I suspect that's the case with most Canadian IMGs on this forum. Before criticizing your peers, how about you attend the symposium and educate us all? Just a thought...

how about you paying the fees for my attentig... just a thought...

that's the point, since this is the fifth edition of the event, I thought someone already got an idea about it. Is it worth to pay for or not?

But from the reactions I can see it is probably NOT,

thanks

Hey Dude, don't bother going...its 100 smack-a-roonies, and all the info is on the CaRMS website.

As far as applying , just send out your stuff and if you're religious...pray, if you're realistic...cry...if you're stressed...drink some whiskey...

oh, and refrain from telling people that you're an IMG....I already made that mistake and the hate is unbearable....

But, us Canadian IMGs must unite, we shall prevail.

Hey Dude, don't bother going...its 100 smack-a-roonies, and all the info is on the CaRMS website.

As far as applying , just send out your stuff and if you're religious...pray, if you're realistic...cry...if you're stressed...drink some whiskey...

oh, and refrain from telling people that you're an IMG....I already made that mistake and the hate is unbearable....

But, us Canadian IMGs must unite, we shall prevail.

Thanks for the advice, sure I wouldn't. I wanted just to check out anothers' opinions toward this "symposium", you know, that's the purpose of a forum,

About your second advice... I usually don't bother to change someone's mind, unless s/he is not a patient, but since you popped it up:

First - I am not Canadian IMG,

Second - I graduated from another med school bc I had no other choice at that moment in time; as soon as I could, I have choosen to "become" an IMG, by coming here,

Third - I really don't care whether I would be labeled by the CMG as an IMG or not; most of them are mature enough to understand that there is not only one receipt of becoming a doctor nowadays, for others - they have just to grow up,

and I think, even on the anonymous forums we should keep a certain degree of honesty, otherwise it would become worthless,

good luck dr.tom

I went to the first one. It was very useful. I was in second Med at the time and it helped me start doing the right things to prep for CaRMS. You get a lot of tips and tricks that are not available from other sources IMO.

thank you,

and, if you don't mind, could you just give an example (to have an idea of what you are talking about)?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been thinking of attending too. I think it will help us make some contacts with other IMGs and physicians and also get some more info regarding the system, some data like the IMG ratio per year and also we get to hear it straight from the IMGs about their experience. Is anybody here planning on going?

Archived