Premed 101 Forums

Is there an online course for physiology II?

Oliver86

Hello Dears

I'm taking the first physiology course (this fall) at Yorku and it's my final year. I also want to take the second physiology in the winter, but it conflicts with another class of mine which is mandatory for my degree. What can I do? should I take it at another school? how would that work? Can I do an online course? I really need this to be done this year (it's a prereq for the school I'm applying). Any direction is appreciated. btw the second physiology course at Yorku is a 3rd year course and I prefer that it would be a third year course in the other school (or online) that I'm taking.

Thanks a lot

Oliver

3012 has online lectures so you really don't need to go to class. However, the midterms are scheduled during class so as long as you can make the midterms you should be fine.

Thanks a lot Legion :)

How about the labs? I should still do them right? is there a way to avoid them?

how hard did you find the labs/course?

Thanks a lot Legion :)

How about the labs? I should still do them right? is there a way to avoid them?

how hard did you find the labs/course?

Labs are mandatory. There are lab quizzes and there is a final lab exam, so you really have to attend all of them. I loved the course overall. Connor explains stuff amazingly well. You really don't need the textbook (save your money) because everything on the exam is from the course kit. To do well, you really need to understand everything. Memorization is definitely not going to help you much as some (to many) of the exam questions are application questions. Class average ranged from 65-68.

Thanks Legion, sounds like an interesting course...

Is there a lab report? I still have not much idea since I haven't done any KINE lab at york (I've done bio1010, Orog and physics though), do you have to study for labs or the quiz comes form the lab's experience?

Also, the online lectures are from the same day or from the past?

Thanks Legion, sounds like an interesting course...

Is there a lab report? I still have not much idea since I haven't done any KINE lab at york (I've done bio1010, Orog and physics though), do you have to study for labs or the quiz comes form the lab's experience?

Also, the online lectures are from the same day or from the past?

There is no lab report. The lab quizzes are based on the lab that you will be doing on that day (quiz before the lab). The info you need is in the lab manual.

The online lectures are from the same day.

you should know profs can at any point decide that they dont want to post the lectures online anymore (they did that for human phys 1).

and also, labs are worth 2% in Total, so if you can't make it, you don't have to... some people do that... but obviously this isn't recommended.

you should know profs can at any point decide that they dont want to post the lectures online anymore (they did that for human phys 1).

and also, labs are worth 2% in Total, so if you can't make it, you don't have to... some people do that... but obviously this isn't recommended.

2% out of the 100% of the course?! that's too small of a percentage. Is there a lab every other week for 3012?

That's too bad if he stops posting the lecture videos, :confused: but I'm going to talk to him :P

2% out of the 100% of the course?! that's too small of a percentage. Is there a lab every other week for 3012?

That's too bad if he stops posting the lecture videos, :confused: but I'm going to talk to him :P

There are 5 labs in total, each worth 1% for a total of 5%. The final lab exam is 10%. So the lab portion is 15% of your total grade. I would strongly recommend that you attend all the labs (5 labs alternate weeks is not a big deal if you think about it).

As for the lecture recording, there is always a possibility of technical problem. May happen in any course. But I doubt Connor would stop posting lectures all of a sudden because he is just too amazing :D Plus, the class is huge and many people don't attend lectures. If the lecture does not get posted for whatever reason, you are responsible for knowing the material. I would recommend having a friend who attends lectures so that you can ask for notes if you don't have the online recording.

On a side note, I had a course where the prof once posted a previous year's recording for one of the lectures because so many people asked. That's the good thing about taking a big class.

PM me if you want the syllabus. I still have it :)

There are 5 labs in total, each worth 1% for a total of 5%. The final lab exam is 10%. So the lab portion is 15% of your total grade. I would strongly recommend that you attend all the labs (5 labs alternate weeks is not a big deal if you think about it).

As for the lecture recording, there is always a possibility of technical problem. May happen in any course. But I doubt Connor would stop posting lectures all of a sudden because he is just too amazing :D Plus, the class is huge and many people don't attend lectures. If the lecture does not get posted for whatever reason, you are responsible for knowing the material. I would recommend having a friend who attends lectures so that you can ask for notes if you don't have the online recording.

On a side note, I had a course where the prof once posted a previous year's recording for one of the lectures because so many people asked. That's the good thing about taking a big class.

PM me if you want the syllabus. I still have it :)

you are right it is 5% for all 5 lab quiz.

oP: you buy the book with all slides from bookstore, i read the textbook too but others didnt

Archived