Premed 101 Forums

Friends asking for advice

carolynH

How do you feel about some of your friends asking for your MCAT materials, advice and directions as to how to fill out their med application, or MMI practice? I don't mean friends you see all the time. I mean those who never thought of you when they have gatherings, outings, birthday parties, or meet up for occasional lunch (even just at school), and the only time they call you is either for asking homework problems or med app? After all, you do give advice to people you don't know on Premed 101, would you mind doing the same for those "friends" who only use you for these purposes?

How do you feel about some of your friends asking for your MCAT materials, advice and directions as to how to fill out their med application, or MMI practice? I don't mean friends you see all the time. I mean those who never thought of you when they have gatherings, outings, birthday parties, or meet up for occasional lunch (even just at school), and the only time they call you is either for asking homework problems or med app? After all, you do give advice to people you don't know on Premed 101, would you mind doing the same for those "friends" who only use you for these purposes?

Chances are you've already given them advice on here without knowing :D

Archived