Premed 101 Forums

Help with Bio - would be greatly appreciated

Looktoabove

Hi,

I'm doing really poorly with bio, I've been studying with EK books but sadly my score is fluctuating alot in this section, and the highest I've come was a 9 but my scores are often in the 4-8 range. I don't have any pre-reqs and I'm trying to plan how to improve in bio, would taking the bio 1/2 pre-reqs help the most? Taking a prep course? Both? Time is a factor right now I'm working full time and taking some classes already this year, so whatever I would do would likely be next summer, unless possibly taking bio 1 is really important? I can try to squeeze that in.

Any suggestions for improvement? Maybe a tutor since this is my weakest area? But money dedicated to a tutor would match the cost of a prep course pretty fast. If anyone has taken some tutoring sessions for mcat bio do you have suggestions or feedback?

Thank you so much, sorry for all the trouble! I would greatly appreciate it!

I also haven't done any prereqs and have both EK and The Princeton Review. I found that EK is great review if you've already studied the material somewhere else (like taken the course at uni), where TPR breaks everything down into a lot more detail for much better understanding. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but I've spent this summer working and studying mostly from TPR, and I MUCH prefer it to EK in this situation! Review EK once you have a good understanding of all the material because theirs is such a quick review you miss out on all the details! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived