Premed 101 Forums

course load requirements

Guest kanayo101

Guest kanayo101

hello...

for UofA, is the 30 unit/year course load requirment pretty strict? during my undergrad career in BC, i took 4 courses/semester (12 credits/semester, 24/year plus the occasional summer semester)...am I totally ineligible?

thanks!

• 3 years later...
hello...

for UofA, is the 30 unit/year course load requirment pretty strict? during my undergrad career in BC, i took 4 courses/semester (12 credits/semester, 24/year plus the occasional summer semester)...am I totally ineligible?

thanks!

Can someone answer this question? I am in the same situation. Do you only need 1 year with 30 credit unit (5 courses each semester)? Is this a strict requirement?

Guest rpuff

Yup. No exceptions. 8 courses/year is not full courseload, you MUST have do 10 courses and I'm fairly certain that is September-April inclusive.

However, it's only one year with 10 courses so if you have only done 4/4 in the past (and you have 60 total credits) the year you are applying you can do full 5/5, provided you let them know and give them proof via transcript. Otherwise they send you a letter saying you're ineligible.

Is it 30 just credits combined, or does it have to be a minimum of 5 3 credit classes EACH semester.

I am trying to figure out of my past year would qualify for the 30 credits for 1 year requirement.

(I am in a semester system so 5 full year 3 credit courses does not apply)

Fall 2008 Semester:

14 credits

histology 4 credits

Biomedical engineering 2 credits

Political Science senior honors thesis 4 credits

Political Science Directed Study 1 credit

Writing Intensive Pass/Fail- Pass

Personality- 3 Credits

- TOTAL CREDITS FALL 2008 14

Winter 2009

Medical Anthropology-3 credits

Honors directed study- 4 credits