Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan vs AAMC

hsaid84

How similar are the Kaplan tests to the AAMC ones?

they're actually pretty dissimilar. search of forums = consensus that EK is the closest thing to. that said, kaplan gives a good approximation of what your score is. kaplan just has a harder curve than AAMC. i think that's because they want to highlight your suckage in some areas. so, they make the test harder than AAMC ones, because thinking "crap! i got 15/52 wrong." will probably shock you more than "ah well, 7 wrong still puts me at 45/52". but as i said, it's a good approximation. what's stopping you from trying them both out for yourself?

they're actually pretty dissimilar. search of forums = consensus that EK is the closest thing to. that said, kaplan gives a good approximation of what your score is. kaplan just has a harder curve than AAMC. i think that's because they want to highlight your suckage in some areas. so, they make the test harder than AAMC ones, because thinking "crap! i got 15/52 wrong." will probably shock you more than "ah well, 7 wrong still puts me at 45/52". but as i said, it's a good approximation. what's stopping you from trying them both out for yourself?

A lack of Gen Chem II, Bio II, Organic Chem, and Physics. Once I get those courses out of the way, MCAT will be the first thing on my mind. Until then, I must live vicariously through hearsay.

Archived