Premed 101 Forums

resident requirement

Guest Agent999

Guest Agent999

Hi. Just wondering, on their respective sites, both UofA and UofC consider resident of Alberta to be those who have lived in Alberta for 12 consecutive months prior to admission to medicine. My question is if I study my masters in UofA or UofC, which will require 2 years, would that be considered as "living in Alberta?" Thanks

Guest medsmurf

I'm not sure about what MedAnxiety was saying because I'm originally from BC (lived there all my life) until I moved to Edmonton to work on my M.Sc. (full time) at U of A. I applied to med at both U of A and U of C last year while I was in my last year of my M.Sc. and I was considered an in-province applicant for both schools (never worked, just went to school). I think if you've lived in Alberta for the past 12 months (working or in school) you're considered in-province. To be sure you should ask admissions.

Guest MedAnxiety

Hey guys, sorry...i guess i read the question wrong cause wednesday we just had that loans/student finance lecture. I guess i jumped the gun and assumed it was for the government student loans, where you have to be a non-student for 12 consecutive months while living in Alberta to be considered an Albertan. In which case, i have no idea what the criteria is for admissions since i was OOP for sure.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your question :\

Medsmurf, I've lived in BC all my life too!!!....gooooooooo Canucks :P

Archived