Premed 101 Forums

Course Level req: Do I need to take 4th year courses, or 3rd year course will do?

NnN

I am a 4th year student. I have taken all 4th year courses for my program requirement. This year all of my courses are 3rd year level. Do I need to take another half credit 4th year level course to be eligible for the UWO course level requirements.

I had contacted them and got a reply that a mix of 4th and 3rd year will do. But Im not sure if it works out if all of my courses are 3rd year.

Thanks

I am a 4th year student. I have taken all 4th year courses for my program requirement. This year all of my courses are 3rd year level. Do I need to take another half credit 4th year level course to be eligible for the UWO course level requirements.

I had contacted them and got a reply that a mix of 4th and 3rd year will do. But Im not sure if it works out if all of my courses are 3rd year.

Thanks

Western won't care if you mix and match 3rd and 4th credits in your 3rd and 4th years :)

and here is it from the FAQ: :)

In your 3rd year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above

In your 4th year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above. Note: A mix of 3rd and 4th year courses to make up the 3 full course equivalents is acceptable in the fourth year

If you do a fifth year of study prior to graduating, 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above as for the fourth year

and here is it from the FAQ: :)

In your 3rd year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above

In your 4th year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above. Note: A mix of 3rd and 4th year courses to make up the 3 full course equivalents is acceptable in the fourth year

If you do a fifth year of study prior to graduating, 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year or above as for the fourth year

i think the concern is that OP is in his/her fourth year, but all of his/her courses are third year, as it stands. so technically, (s)he doesn't have a "mix" of third and fourth year courses. does that still fly?

i think the concern is that OP is in his/her fourth year, but all of his/her courses are third year, as it stands. so technically, (s)he doesn't have a "mix" of third and fourth year courses. does that still fly?

yeah doesn't matter at all. you can get into Western NEVER doing a single fourth year course.

Archived