Premed 101 Forums

registration packs/waitlist info

Guest CD4CD25

Guest CD4CD25

Hi everyone,

I stopped by the admissions office this week, and they told me a few things. First, the registration packs should be going out in the next week and a half. Secondly, the waitlist has hit a stand still for the past week and a half or so (I didn't ask about in vs. out of province).

:) CD4CD25

What?? End of August??? Thats Blasphemy!! I say enjoy one of the last summers you'll have free in a long time!! I think this summer is going by wayyyyyyyyyy to quickly, and I want it to slow down.... I can't seem to fit in all the nothing I want to do! :D

Guest Jas001

are u crazy??...you're counting down till the end of aug...i've been out of school for awhile so its gonna be tough to get back into things....i'm definitely not looking forward to the studying aspect of school again.... gonna have to take a month vacation to relax/party/chill just to prepare....no travelling though, first time i'm in canada during the summer in 3 years...

jas

Guest megs29

I like school (to some degree) and I've just spent four years doing a degree that was really of no long term use for me. I'm just looking forward to starting med school and learning things that I will be able to apply to my future career.

I've been waiting a long time to start med school. I'd gladly give up a couple months of summer to be in med school. I'm also excited to be moving to a new city and living without roommates for the first time in my life. I'll also get to see my boyfriend who I don't get to see in the summer.

So I've got a few extra reasons for wanting August to come quickly...

Megs

Guest pinkmango2005

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I got my info package in the mail today (Edmonton) so they should be on the way for the rest of you too!

Reading the o-week schedule was pretty exciting. Can't wait to meet you all!

Guest eman05

To those who have received their packages:

Is there anything that I need to have done before O-week? I`m out of town until mid-August, so I can`t really get at my package until then. I`ve already registered in my courses, but what about a physical or other things like that? Thanks in advance.

yeah, you do need to do a physical exam at the University Health Centre. You also need your vaccination records, etc...

I'm not sure of the rest... didn't really get a chance to look through it too carefully.

Guest pinkmango2005

Hi eman05!

Most of the stuff is due on August 31st so you'll have a couple days to get everything in order once school starts. There's no deadline (that I could find...someone correct me if I'm wrong) on the medical examination (they just say "as soon as possible"). There's a FOIPP form you have to sign, College of Physicians and Surgeons of ALberta form, emergency contact form etc. which are all due on August 31. You also need to get some 2 color passport photos (+1 more for the CPSA)..also due on the 31st. So it looks like you'll have time to get that all in order when you get back! Hope that helps!

Guest megs29

Hey guys,

While looking over my papers again today, I found some deadlines about the medical stuff. On the white "Medical Requirements" paper, it has the following deadlines:

Physical Exam - Sept. 16

First Hep B vac - Sept. 16

Second Hep B vac - Oct. 14

Third Hep B vac - April 15, 2006

Hep B antigen - May 15, 2006

So looks like we have some time after school starts to get it done. Remember though you can't do anything clinical before you get that all done. I have no idea if we will be doing stuff like that before Sept. 16 though.

Hope this helps!

Megs

Guest chushmy

I was just wondering, has anyone else not received their registration packages yet? I think it's been a couple of weeks since they sent them out but I still haven't got mine. Do they send them by regualr mail? Thanks:)

-chushmy

P.S. Im in BC

Guest chushmy

Thanks MA. No I'm not from Vancouver.

I can't imagine why it would take so long to get here. I'm starting to think it may have been lost or something.:\

Archived