Premed 101 Forums

US DO transcript rant.

setto

I am from Quebec therefore I attended CEGEP (college). In CEGEP we are assigned a grade based on how we performed relative to the class. I also attended Concordia University where our GPA is calculated out of 4.3.

I can't get a direct answer out of AACOMAS, but I'm pretty sure I need to get both of these transcripts approved because they are considered foreign. What grinds my gears is that I can't find a service to do this under $200 each. What also bothers me is the fact that AMCAS is more than capable of handling these transcripts.

Also one school wanted me to take an English test at a US institution before i could even apply.

I am from Quebec therefore I attended CEGEP (college). In CEGEP we are assigned a grade based on how we performed relative to the class. I also attended Concordia University where our GPA is calculated out of 4.3.

I can't get a direct answer out of AACOMAS, but I'm pretty sure I need to get both of these transcripts approved because they are considered foreign. What grinds my gears is that I can't find a service to do this under $200 each. What also bothers me is the fact that AMCAS is more than capable of handling these transcripts.

Also one school wanted me to take an English test at a US institution before i could even apply.

Keed in mind, most of these are second-rate med schools who haven't had to deal with international applications before.

You are probably the first Quebec applicant they had, so they don't know how the Quebec system works. They probably don't know where Quebec is. One thing I've learned while applying to med school, keep your mouth shut unless they specifically ask you for things. In your case, don't volunteer the info that you are from Quebec, pass it off as "Canada".

Canadian applicants from English Canada don't have much problems with AACOMAS.

Archived