Premed 101 Forums

Haven't heard yet?

Guest misagh

Guest misagh

Has it happened before that someone hasn't heard back from U of A up until now? I don't think I've even received a rejection letter...

Please advise... thanks!

Guest squeegy80

I just received my rejection letter today. But that was a post-interview rejection... Not sure if the pre-interview rejections go out now as well or if you should have already received it.

Guest Braveheart

misagh,

If you didn't receive an invitation to an interview by May, it unfortunately means that you have been rejected. Letters of rejection go out pretty late in the year (sometime in June or July I think). I'm sorry to tell you the bad news. I know how it feels as I've been rejected more than once at UofA. Keep trying in the following years though... and make each year's application better than the year before. Best of luck!

Guest makdaddy08

Actually...applying as a 3rd yr 2 yrs ago...I had not received an interview but then got one in July (apparently there was a 3rd round of interviews that year).

But yeh for the most part, if you haven't heard anything by now its a rejection.

Guest Med4life

just to let everyone know, I got my rejection letter today and I live in quebec.

although this wasn't a surprise, the funny thing is that the letter said that the ad committe had carefully considered my file although I didn't complete the course pre-requisites or send in my transcript in january. I guess they didn't bother to write a new letter saying that I got rejected coz the file is incomplete but rather just gave me the generic one!

oh well, at least I'm glad it worked out somewhere else.

good luck to all

Med4life

Archived