Premed 101 Forums

Tim Hortons!

Guest MedAnxiety

Guest MedAnxiety

Hey everyone, when were you guys going to meet up at Tim Hortons? I will be in Edmonton this week, so it'd be awesome if we all met up :)

Guest CD4CD25

The original thread got mixed up with the ezboard debacle, so thanks for bringing it up again :) How about tomorrow afternoon, or early next week?

CD4CD25

I was wondering when someone was giong to bring this up! I work in HMRC, so anytime is good for me, but a really good friend of mine is leaving for Europe on Tuesday for the rest of the summer. I know that she would also love to join in and meet some future classmates. How's about Monday, then?

Guest MDmmmsure

If we meet Monday, could we do it sometime in the afternoon (like after 1)?......I have lab meeting Monday morning from 10-1 (or so)....

Joe

Guest CD4CD25

Sounds great! How about between 2-3 pm? It is usually least busy there mid-afternoon. We need to do something silly like all wear a U of A shirt ;)

Guest MDmmmsure

Well, I will be pretty easy to spot on Monday....I will be the white guy with a cut below his left eye (possibly a bandaid...I'm thinking purple:\ )....stupid high stick....stupid ball hockey.... stupid Friday night hockey.....

peas are cold.....

beer is good....

Joe

Guest MDmmmsure

Hi Med......

Tim Hortons is located on the East side of the Hospital (across the street from the hospital)....I believe the street is 112th.......

And Please everyone, remember that when you look in a mirror, left is right, and right is left.....so if your looking for a guy with a bandaid under his left eye, you probably won't see one......but there's a good chance that someone with one under the RIGHT eye will be there:\

Joe

Hmm... I should read this more frequently, then I wouldve known what to wear this morning. Im always looking for excuses to wear my block A sweater :P . In any case, too late to go home and change now, so if i have time between experiments, I'll stop by. Im the dude wearing the bright red Spanish soccer jersey. (you can all flock to me, it's like a beacon, impossible to miss).

Guest MDmmmsure

I will be there at 2:00 as well........look for a guy in a brown coat, and a small cut below his right eye.......

If any of you are working at the UofA, perhaps we should meet outside my lab as it is very close to Tim Hortons (heritage medical research, 2-60......just down the hall from where we interviewed).....just ring the doorbell and ask for Joe

Joe

Guest MDmmmsure

I should have worded more carefully......ANYONE who is planning on coming for coffee can meet outside the lab (not just UofA workers)

Joe

HMRC 260?? You should stop by on the way out!! Im in HMRC 232!! Although its starting to look like i might not make it. Time to dissect some rats :(

Guest MDmmmsure

Sure I will stop by on my way out.....what name am I asking for?

(sorry if you have said it in another post...I'm pretty forgetful)

Joe

Guest MDmmmsure

Hi everyone...

So I sat in Tim's from 2-3:10 today....however, I was unable to tell who was who (I was looking around for people looking around :rollin .....I was the guy sitting in the brown coat, staring at the door (on Tim's side), probably looking lost:p ....anyway, it was great meeting Lactic Folly (at Tim's) and Onsp (in heritage....it's cool that your three doors down from my lab)......I am guessing that CD4CD25 and MedAnxiety were there?.....but I had no way of finding you guys....did I miss the meeting?:(

In any event....if you guys are still up for a meeting, let me know......

Joe

Guest MedAnxiety

MDmmmsure...I was there...but I didn't know who was who...and felt strange to just ask random people cause it seemed like a lot of people looked kinda lost :\ . I actually saw you (damn ...should've just went around and asked). Sorry man, I guess I'll have to wait till August to meet some people since I'm leaving back for Vancouver tomorrow...

See you guys all later!

MA

Guest CD4CD25

I was there too, but no one seemed to be sitting together chatting...I was the dark haired girl in the gray raincoat sitting on the far wall by the tim hortons counter. I think that next time we need to meet somewhere really specific (like the booths of the Tim Hortons side) and someone has to bring something to put on the table... Ah, how hindsight is 20-20 :) I am up for a redo sometime this week. I am doing my research in Dent-pharm but spent most of the past few years in HMRC. CD4CD25

Guest MDmmmsure

Hey CD4CD25..... did you bring your laptop??? And where you sitting by the window on the Burger Side before switching over to Tim's side???? If so, I definitely saw you.....if not, then I am really glad I didn't walk up and ask.....that would have been a little weird:rollin There indeed wasn't a group talking.....Lactic Folly was talking to me for a bit......she was standing up talking to me though (I was sitting down)...... in any event....if we try another meeting, we will definitely have to plan better:p

MA....sorry I missed you bud....August for sure:D

Joe

Archived