Premed 101 Forums

Tim Hortons!

Guest MedAnxiety

Guest MedAnxiety

CD4CD25, I think i saw you...did you have an ice cap? OMG..haha...well, atleast next time I know how 2 of you guys look like...;)

Guest CD4CD25

Yep, that was me. I was feeling like a major tool sitting by myself and looking around, so I worked on my laptop a bit. Then I thought, "hmmm....maybe I should sit on the Tim Horton's side" so I moved. Then I left, dejected, at around 3 pm ;) Here's to a bunch of really assertive, outgoing future docs! :b

CD4CD25

MDmmmsure-are you in the Halloran lab?

Guest CD4CD25

Yep, I am a grad student, but not for long! My defense is in two weeks :D I am moving from the Elliott lab to the Shapiro lab right now.

Guest Lactic Folly

Well, it was nice to meet at least one of you :) (sorry, should've mentioned that I felt better standing after spending most of the day hunched over a screen). In any case, it'll be something amusing to look back on one day ;)

Ahhh.. its too bad I wasnt there (darn experiments). Seriously, there is no way you could have missed me, like i said, my shirt was really bright red (ask Joe.... by the way, thanks for coming by, it was great meeting you too). So maybe next time, all of us can plan to wear bright red, or something. Either way, Im definitely up for attempting another meeting.

Guest Braveheart

Hey Guys,

Sorry that your plan to meet at Tim Hortons didn't work out the way you would have thought... it was a great idea but we can definitely learn from this for next time. We SHOULD do this again. I unfortunately will not be around Edm for a while but if you all plan on meeting again sometime in late Aug (like a few days before the start of school) that would be great. I am definitely up for it. In fact, I thought of a way it can work out (but it's kinda corny). We can find another place and then everyone hold up a piece a paper saying "UofA2009" or "EZBoard" or something in that nature so that we know for sure who is there to meet. Then we can start guessing who there is what EZBoard name.... (man I've done way too many camp counsellor games). It'll be fun!

Tell what ya'll think!

Guest CD4CD25

Ok, so who all is going to the Immunet retreat on Friday? We should informally meet. If you are wondering who I am, I will be giving a talk about neonatal pig islets :) CD4CD25

Guest MDmmmsure

CD4CD25....

I will be there tomorrow.....catching the bus at 7:00 am (be there around 6:45am).........

If we meet, can I know the name of the person I'm looking for:p .....? was a little worried about asking people if they were CD4CD25 at Tim's:rollin

Joe

Guest MDmmmsure

CD4CD25.....I'm pretty sure I met you today....with everyone around, I was afraid to ask....however, after I heard your presentation I was sure:p ..........I'm not usually so tongue tied talking to people....... in any event, it was nice to meet you....I hope we can talk somemore sometime(other than just saying 'hi':lol )....

ps: That was an excellent presentation you gave..... a bunch of us (sitting at the back:\ ) were suprised you didn't win.....in any event....good work!

Joe

Guest CD4CD25

Yeah, I was thinking that was you! I meant to come and talk to you later but things were so busy there yesterday. Thanks for the compliment about my talk--it would have been nice to win, but oh well :) I am sure that I will see you around this summer, at seminars and such, so we can chat then.

Archived