Premed 101 Forums

U of A dental acceptance dates

Guest All Good Names are Used

Looking through postings from the last year or two people seem to be getting acceptance letters as early as mid May. Why is this I thought that the letters came out early July. If so what kind of gpa/dat do you require to get accepted in may???

Guest Berland

I think quite a few ppl in the UofA 2007 class recieved thier acceptance in mid/late may. I'm sure meeting the averages posted for this years class would have gotten you acceptance on the 1st pass.

Berland

Thanks,

Thats good to know. Another U of A question, did you get only the situational questions on the interview? In your opinion do you think the interview holds much weight as far as getting accepted is concerned?

Guest Berland

Well, I had a whole slew of situational questions followed by why dentistry, experience, why UofA etc.

Although the interview is not weighted very heavily, It is definitely important. The competition is likey quite close, and any advantage counts. That said, I would bet if you didn't do well on the interview it would entirely throw you out of the running, kinda like getting a 14 in carving. I hear that re-interviewing in the afternoon isn't a good idea either.

In any case, as long as you can put together a coherent sentence and have good intentions, I think it would be hard not to do well. The interview isn't structured to throw you off or anything, it is very staight-forward.

Berland

Archived