Premed 101 Forums

So our application is submitted.. What now?!

So our applications are all submitted.. what happens now? Do we not hear anything until 2013? Are changes updated to our OMSAS Account (i.e. any good to check it before Jan/Feb 2013?). How are interview invites communicated at McMaster (Ucan? email? telephone call?). Waiting for months is killer!!!!!!:eek:

So our applications are all submitted.. what happens now? Do we not hear anything until 2013? Are changes updated to our OMSAS Account (i.e. any good to check it before Jan/Feb 2013?). How are interview invites communicated at McMaster (Ucan? email? telephone call?). Waiting for months is killer!!!!!!:eek:

From the looks of it, we will have to wait until late january to hear back from McMaster. I believe it's via e-mail. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe most ontario schools are by email that says something like we're inviting you for an interview or we regret to inform you that....which is what I got last year from Queen's and Ottawa:( . Mac on the other hand, I THINK from what I remember last year only emails you if you get offered an interview and after a certain date, they post on their website saying that all interview invites are sent by email. If you don't get an interview, you wait for the mail to come and there's an official letter saying you didn't get one.

Expect nothing until the last week of Jan at the earliest, and first week of Feb at the latest. The Ontario schools will email you whether you got an interview or not.

Mac was the exception last year. They only emailed those people that got invited (kinda unpleasant for the non-invitees). So for that, you'd have to keep track of this forum since you don't have any other way of knowing (other than waiting for the postal letter which came about 3 days after the invitation email).

Expect nothing until the last week of Jan at the earliest, and first week of Feb at the latest. The Ontario schools will email you whether you got an interview or not.

Mac was the exception last year. They only emailed those people that got invited (kinda unpleasant for the non-invitees). So for that, you'd have to keep track of this forum since you don't have any other way of knowing (other than waiting for the postal letter which came about 3 days after the invitation email).

That was ridiculous. How hard is it to send a rejection email. Or better yet, say it to my face...

As I understand it, the only time we will hear from OMSAS is when they verify that our applications are complete and our academic info matches our transcripts which apparently happens in November or early December. I have a countdown to Jan 1 (seems like, based on past years, invites will likely be out around that time) and it is crawling by. Which is weird because school usually makes time fly. But as the end of term approaches and the intensity picks up I'm sure it will start to go a bit faster.

Archived