Premed 101 Forums

Impact of admission offers in Feb - March 2013

Hi,

On the Memorial admissions site it states that OOP applicants will receive notification of offers/regrets in Feb - March 2013.

I have a few questions about this early date of offers:

Does anyone have any idea of how quickly applicants have to respond to offers?

Do you think having this date earlier than the other schools will significantly decrease waitlist movementfor OOP applicants (as compared to, say, Manitoba)?

I imagine that students accepting an offer from Memorial will have to withdrawal their applications from the other schools immediately; is this assumption correct?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

Hi,

On the Memorial admissions site it states that OOP applicants will receive notification of offers/regrets in Feb - March 2013.

I have a few questions about this early date of offers:

Does anyone have any idea of how quickly applicants have to respond to offers?

Do you think having this date earlier than the other schools will significantly decrease waitlist movementfor OOP applicants (as compared to, say, Manitoba)?

I imagine that students accepting an offer from Memorial will have to withdrawal their applications from the other schools immediately; is this assumption correct?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

Since there are no other offers of admissions at that time (other than McGill), I expect no cross talk between the schools; there wouldn't need to be and it would be too much work. Once offers of admissions go out for both schools, say Manitoba or Calgary, I suspect they would start to compare lists, and then you will be forced to choose between the schools. Also, since Memorial's offer comes out earlier, you would have to pay the deposit, I'm guessing that's required to secure a seat, should you be lucky to receive an offers of admissions, and then you can forfeit that deposit to go to another school.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived