Premed 101 Forums

Accepted to McGill Dent-P

Guest haibinyin2000

Guest haibinyin2000

I'm accepted to the Dent-P five-year program:p :lol :D :b :rollin :);) ! The email slipped into my inbox six days after my interview. I would like to share it with everyone:

"Dear Hai-Bin,

Congratulations, your application for admission to the study of Dentistry in this University has received favorable consideration by our Committee on Admissions. I am pleased, therefore, to inform you that you have been accepted into the First Year of the five-year program ¨C or our "Dent-P" year - commencing study in September 2003. This acceptance is conditional on the successful completion of your collegial studies and the receipt of your diploma.

You will be required to register for a full year in the Faculty of Science. You must take courses totaling 30 credits which include the following courses: Molecular Biology (177-200A) and Cell Biology and Metabolism (177-201B) and four electives in Term I and Term II, preferably in Humanities. If you have completed Organic Chemistry II at CEGEP you must register for Chemistry 180-222A/B in place of one of the electives. In order to proceed in the Faculty of Dentistry you must achieve a minimum of B in each of these courses and attain a Grade Point Average of 3.5.

If you wish a place held for you in this class, you are requested to so advise the Faculty within fifteen days of the date of this letter. A deposit fee of $1,000.00 should be sent to the Faculty with this reply. Should your advice in this regard not be received within the time noted, your place in the class will be offered to another candidate. The above deposit fee will be credited to your University fees. If, for any reason, you fail to register, the University will retain the fee*.

All Dent-P candidates must meet with Mr. Donald Sedgwick, Adviser in the Faculty of Science, on Thursday, August 21nd at 1:00 p.m. at 3640 University, Room M/48 to complete a Study Plan Form. Mr. Sedgwick may be reached at 514-398-4210 for any additional information.

All students will be required to register through MINERVA (McGill¡¯s Automated Registration System). You will be receiving more information concerning University Registration at a later date.

Immunizations: Immunizations are mandatory and should be completed prior or during the first year. Non-seroconversion following Hepatitis B immunization has prevented some students from treating patients. Applicants who are carriers of Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C positive should consider carefully their intention to become a dentist.

We look forward to having you in the 2003-2004 Dent-P class.

If you require any assistance or have any problems, please feel free to contact Patricia Bassett, Admissions Officer, (514) 398-7203, ext. 00091, patricia.bassett@mcgill.ca.

Sincerely yours,

Peter J. Chauvin

Chairman

Committee on Admissions

* Fifty percent ($500.00) of the deposit is refundable up to June 15, 2003. Please notify the Faculty immediately if you decide to accept an offer at another University."

Now what I need to do is to find that $1000.00 which is due in 2 weeks :) Is there anyone else on the board who's from Quebec CEGEP and who is accepted? Post your stats here!

Archived