Premed 101 Forums

Clinical Guideline Resource for the wards

http://www.primarycareguidelines.com/

I am a recent medical school graduate and after understanding the problems with finding the latest and best guidelines to present to preceptors or for my own learning I decided to create a website that has all the latest clinical guidelines in one place. The topics chosen are conditions commonly seen in primary care.

Hope its useful for everyone. Let me know what you think.

• 2 months later...

I think it seems like a great idea especially a website that focuses on Canadian Guidelines. I think if you are interested in it and up for some additional work you might consider summarizing the information more in addition to just collecting it. An example of a highly successful and beautifully formatted site for quick perusal of evidence based decisions is http://www.thennt.com/ .

Hey ac1523,

I'd like to start off by saying that, in a brief look, your website looks great. Extremely useful stuff.

If you don't mind me asking, is this a group project or a solo one? And are you putting together those summary videos yourself?

I realize this is unsolicited advice, but I have my own site (boringem.com) and have become fairly involved in the FOAM (Free Open-Access Meducation) world over the past few years.

Are you on twitter? If you are let me know because I'd like to follow you. If you're not and would be interested in starting a dialogue about your work with people doing similar things while increasing your websites traffic I would recommend that you join and start posting your updates with the #FOAMed hashtag. You should also consider getting involved with the GMEP (Global Medical Education Project).

Anyways, if you're already connected to these things I'm sorry to bother you. If you're not and would like to hear more, you should e-mail me (contact info is on my site).

In the meantime, I'm going to tweet about your website :)

-boringem

• 2 weeks later...

Archived