Premed 101 Forums

Travelling to other UBC campuses from Vancouver

Hi guys,

I am OOP and will be in BC for the first interview weekend in Feb. While there, I would love to tour other campuses. I am flying over and will likely have no access to a car.

For those of you familiar with BC, what is the best way to travel by bus/rail to Kelowna, Victoria or Prince George from Vancouver?

Thanks!

To Victoria: take a buses/Skytrain to Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal and take a ferry across to the island.

To Kelowna: best bet would be to take a Greyhound bus, though it would probably take 6-8 hours one way?

To Prince George: it's hella far away, so you'd have to fly.

Hi guys,

I am OOP and will be in BC for the first interview weekend in Feb. While there, I would love to tour other campuses. I am flying over and will likely have no access to a car.

For those of you familiar with BC, what is the best way to travel by bus/rail to Kelowna, Victoria or Prince George from Vancouver?

Thanks!

You can drive to prince george in about 10-12 hours from Vancouver. Kelwona is a 5 hour drive.

Cheap/Easy to fly into Vancouver and transit to VFMP/IMP via ferry/bus/skytrain

harder to access PG and Kelowna. You could greyhound to either, but might make more sense to rent a car or fly.

My home town is 400 people and the largest 'urban center' within 6 hrs drive is 18 000. I laughed so hard when Prince George (Pop ~38-40K) was considered the rural campus

But yes, it is wayyy up north. I would google map it or something :P

How so? It's in a remote location and is meant to be accessible to people from rural communities, but they still need a reasonably sized center with the resources necessary for training a class of medical students.

Hi guys,

Thanks!

What day is your interview on? Mine is on the last day at 10AM and I'm from Victoria so I will be heading back later in the day. I'm not sure If I'm driving over or skytraining it yet. Either way if it worked out I could give you a ride over/skytrain with you. I could also show you around UVic's campus. The IMP is basically in one building. It's not too big but it's brand new. Basically you just need to know that, the library and where coffee is - conveniently right beside the IMP and library.

Great, thank you!! I'll check out the schedules, looks like I'll have to be selective given the limited time frame.

What day is your interview on? Mine is on the last day at 10AM and I'm from Victoria so I will be heading back later in the day. I'm not sure If I'm driving over or skytraining it yet. Either way if it worked out I could give you a ride over/skytrain with you. I could also show you around UVic's campus. The IMP is basically in one building. It's not too big but it's brand new. Basically you just need to know that, the library and where coffee is - conveniently right beside the IMP and library.

My interview is actually in the afternoon and I will finish in the evening, which would probably be too late. Thanks for offering though!

Great, thank you!! I'll check out the schedules, looks like I'll have to be selective given the limited time frame.

My interview is actually in the afternoon and I will finish in the evening, which would probably be too late. Thanks for offering though!

If you happen to be an attractive single female.. I'll gladly tour the sites with you

Archived