Premed 101 Forums

USMLE world for MCCEE? or canadaqbank ?

Hello,

I am preparing for both USMLE step 2 and MCCEE, I am doing usmle world for step 2 and canadaqbank, and I found usmle world much much much more harder than canadqbank.

I don't know if the real MCCEE exam is more of usmle world type of questions or canadqbank, I don't expect a question in MCCEE like : what is the best time to screen for gestational diabetes ???!!!!! as there are many of these questions in canadaqbank ....

please from those how did the exam, would you advice me to which qbank should I stick with? I am more interested to get high mark in EE than step2, I am IMG and canada would be my first choice.

thanks ..

Hello,

I am preparing for both USMLE step 2 and MCCEE, I am doing usmle world for step 2 and canadaqbank, and I found usmle world much much much more harder than canadqbank.

I don't know if the real MCCEE exam is more of usmle world type of questions or canadqbank, I don't expect a question in MCCEE like : what is the best time to screen for gestational diabetes ???!!!!! as there are many of these questions in canadaqbank ....

please from those how did the exam, would you advice me to which qbank should I stick with? I am more interested to get high mark in EE than step2, I am IMG and canada would be my first choice.

thanks ..

I'm doing Uworld step 2, USMLERX step 2 qbanks, and reading a few sections of Toronto notes. I'm not getting canadaqbank because I hear it's not so good.

I'm preparing for the USMLE step 2 CK, COMLEX step 2 CE, MCCEE lol...

You still have to write the EE? That sucks...it's a pretty easy test, although there are definitely some difficult questions thrown in there.

I did UWorld for Step 2, Kaplan videos for step 2, Kaplan qbank (this was terrible) , and my own flashcards I had made (about 4000). Wrote Step 2 and then a month later I wrote the EE. In that 1 month gap I paid for the Canada Qbank and only got through about 300-400 questions. I found they were pretty basic and not that helpful, and I still did extremely well on the MCCEE so I don't think it was necessary. So if you were to pay for just 1 Qbank I'd do USMLEworld. If you have the money and time, then sure, the more questions you do the better you will be. Just my $0.02.

You still have to write the EE? That sucks...it's a pretty easy test, although there are definitely some difficult questions thrown in there.

I did UWorld for Step 2, Kaplan videos for step 2, Kaplan qbank (this was terrible) , and my own flashcards I had made (about 4000). Wrote Step 2 and then a month later I wrote the EE. In that 1 month gap I paid for the Canada Qbank and only got through about 300-400 questions. I found they were pretty basic and not that helpful, and I still did extremely well on the MCCEE so I don't think it was necessary. So if you were to pay for just 1 Qbank I'd do USMLEworld. If you have the money and time, then sure, the more questions you do the better you will be. Just my $0.02.

Cool thanks. Ya, my DO group talked to MCC about getting rid of the EE for us, so far that's not going to happen, there's just too few of us at the present time. We'll revisit this topic in ~4 years time.

Thanks for the advice!

Cool thanks. Ya, my DO group talked to MCC about getting rid of the EE for us, so far that's not going to happen, there's just too few of us at the present time. We'll revisit this topic in ~4 years time.

Thanks for the advice!

How did you find step 1? Did you feel your school prepared you well for it or were they more concerned about COMLEX? Actually I was working with a DO anesthesia resident who said the questions on Step 1 were very well written compared to COMLEX and she felt that allowed her to do better.

How did you find step 1? Did you feel your school prepared you well for it or were they more concerned about COMLEX? Actually I was working with a DO anesthesia resident who said the questions on Step 1 were very well written compared to COMLEX and she felt that allowed her to do better.

I only had 5 weeks to formally study for step 1 USMLE. I did alright, it wasn't too great, but it wasn't too bad either. But definitely not as well as I would like to have done. DO schools in general don't care for the USMLE, they only want you to pass the COMLEX, so you can graduate. As such, only 70% or so the the people in my DO schools would normally take the USMLE step 1.

And yes, I studied for the USMLE step 1, and whatever time I had left (3-4 days) to cram for the stuff on the COMLEX. I think studying for the USMLE adequately prepared me for the COMLEX. I did slightly better on the COMLEX than USMLE, mostly because I could cram for those extra 3-4 days.

I wish I could have had like.. 3 months to study for the USMLE step 1 like my Caribbean friends lol.

I only had 5 weeks to formally study for step 1 USMLE. I did alright, it wasn't too great, but it wasn't too bad either. But definitely not as well as I would like to have done. DO schools in general don't care for the USMLE, they only want you to pass the COMLEX, so you can graduate. As such, only 70% or so the the people in my DO schools would normally take the USMLE step 1.

And yes, I studied for the USMLE step 1, and whatever time I had left (3-4 days) to cram for the stuff on the COMLEX. I think studying for the USMLE adequately prepared me for the COMLEX. I did slightly better on the COMLEX than USMLE, mostly because I could cram for those extra 3-4 days.

I wish I could have had like.. 3 months to study for the USMLE step 1 like my Caribbean friends lol.

I personally only took 2 weeks to study after finishing pre-clerkship. I did one UWorld assessment before and one after those 2 weeks and my score didn't change, so I could have done it immediately. That said, the last semester did contain a Kaplan review course every day so it helped me get ready.

Archived