Premed 101 Forums

3/5 Rule for quebec schools

a1b1

I Know for ontario school's and maybe mcgill, 3/5 of your courses per semester need to be courses representing your given year of study.

I.e. if im in second year, 3/5 of my courses per semester need to be 2nd year courses. Is there a similar rule for quebec schools? I tried asking them and they dont seem to understand my question. Also, has anyone here gotten an acceptance or an interview to udes/udem/ulaval without following this 3/5 rule?

Lastly, do you know if one completes 4/5 2nd year courses in the fall of his second year and 2/5 2nd year courses in the winter of his 2nd year, is that also acceptable, or does it have to be 3/5 per semester only?

Thanks in advance! :)

I Know for ontario school's and maybe mcgill, 3/5 of your courses per semester need to be courses representing your given year of study.

I.e. if im in second year, 3/5 of my courses per semester need to be 2nd year courses. Is there a similar rule for quebec schools? I tried asking them and they dont seem to understand my question. Also, has anyone here gotten an acceptance or an interview to udes/udem/ulaval without following this 3/5 rule?

Lastly, do you know if one completes 4/5 2nd year courses in the fall of his second year and 2/5 2nd year courses in the winter of his 2nd year, is that also acceptable, or does it have to be 3/5 per semester only?

Thanks in advance! :)

I haven‘t seen this rule on any of the Quebec schools website. As for Ontario, I think it‘s only one of their schools that have this rule. Med school admission criteria are different for every school.

I haven‘t seen this rule on any of the Quebec schools website. As for Ontario, I think it‘s only one of their schools that have this rule. Med school admission criteria are different for every school.

tnx!

Anyone else have any knowledge regarding this matter? Would be interested to hear from someone not meeting this requirement that received an interview/acceptance.

Archived