Premed 101 Forums

Finishing DAT

Guest AHCHIU

Guest AHCHIU

hi guys,

i'm still having trouble finishing the practice DATs.

does anyone ever finish the DAT, or is it 'C's all the way down at the end?

it the secret just, circle your first impression, and move on and forget it....stop pondering...

the PAT is especially true...

any suggestions/comments..

thanx

Guest toothy

some of my thoughts on the written component:

1) read fast. Take a speed reading course if necessary. Spend your valuable time with analysis and "database retrieval" instead.

2) unlike most undergrad exams, you can't expect to be able to go over every single question after the first time through. If you aren't sure about one question maybe leave it blank and come back if you have time (don't want to spend too much time on one question, which makes you run out of time and forced to guess some questions that you could have gotten right)

3) keep track of your time! Be concerned if half the time has passed but you haven't finished half the questions.

4) especially with the PAT, know which ones you are strongest at, and do them first. These will be fast and accurate. Leave the weak stuff at the end, because you wouldn't have gotten as many marks from them anyway.

yeah... totally agree with toothy. For the Sci and Reading sections... just skim throught the passages... no need to read in every detail... for most the passages, i only read the first few lines, get the idea of the topic.... then go right into the questions. Esp for those topics you're familiar with, i just skip the reading and dive into the answering.

For the craving, i think the key is to "practice".... practice as many times as you can... the more comfortable with the equipments the better you are... and as i said, don't panic, you don't want every perfect cut & measurement in the beginning and a big "chip" near the end :)

Finally the PAT, since i've difficulties with one particular section, the "key & hole", so i left that section to the very end. Answer the question that you know and most confident with. And if you're really out of time, i would just C's out whatever remain.

One last word.... "practice"... the more you do, the less stress you're in the exam... and who knows, you may seeing some very similar questions on your test. Good Luck.

Archived