Premed 101 Forums

applying to various schools

Guest 1sttimeapplicant

Guest 1sttimeapplicant

How do I begin my application process? Do I ask each school of dentistry for their respective applications, fill them in and wait for individual responses? Or is there a service that takes care of the application processing (ie, OMSAS for medical schools)?

Also, I haven't researched into this, but is it likely that each school has their own set of questions they would like you to answer, or is it that you write one essay of why dentistry is for you and send it to all of them?

Thanks for the help people

Guest DMXDMX

I applied to UofT as well as Western this past year. For both Ontario schools, there is no central application service, thus you must either download an application from their websites, email or call the schools in order to receive an application. For Western, it is simply a form you fill out (ie. no essay questions), for UofT, there is also a form to be filled out, but you also must send a resume. There isn't a specific format you must follow for this resume, so it is completly up to you to figure out what you want them to see. If you pass this first cutoffs, you will be sent an interview invitation in March some time. Final results for UofT are sent in May and in July for Western. It's a very long drawn out process and will no doubt stress you out as you wait 6 months for a final decision on your application....Good luck.

Guest 1sttimeapplicant

how about out-of-province schools?

how about US schools?

I am thinking that the process will be similar??

Guest toothy

since there are only 10 dental schools I doubt any province will have any "main system" for processing dental applications... as for the states, you may have to check if they have rolling admissions like meds.

Archived