Premed 101 Forums

When have interview invites gone out in the past?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last year some ppl who lived closer to the campus received the letter first before getting the email at around 3PM. So maybe they send the mail on a friday and email on a tuesday assuming most will receive it by then?

Haha let's hope that's the case I live in a rather rural area with a rather unreliable postal service, if I'm going to be shut down, I would at least like remove as much snail mail uncertainty as possible, thanks for the quick reply

When this was reported yesterday the school was closed. Now it is open so someone could call and ask :)

i'm getting voicemail.

nvm i got someone on the phone:

She said: "Thanks for holding. The letters for invites have all been mailed on Monday."

Me: "Are we going to get an email soon?"

Her "That I don't know as the admissions director is not here at the moment"

i'm getting voicemail.

She said: "Thanks for holding. The letters for invites have all been mailed on Monday."

overloaded system..lol:p us worried pre-meds

From Canada Post!

Regular letters are delivered within 2 business days within a city, in 3 business days within a province, and in 4 business days nationally (excluding the day of mailing). If you are sending letters internationally, delivery time varies by country, but we expect international letters to be delivered in 4 to 7 business days.

Although we make every effort to meet these high standards, they are not guaranteed.

**hopefully at least by Friday or one LOOOONG weekend.

i'm getting voicemail.

thanks that removes the confusion :)

So it is in the hands of our somewhat variable postal service. Probably a lot will get it today or tomorrow then.

Still don't know why they don't email this but at least the confusion is now less.

From Canada Post!

Regular letters are delivered within 2 business days within a city, in 3 business days within a province, and in 4 business days nationally (excluding the day of mailing). If you are sending letters internationally, delivery time varies by country, but we expect international letters to be delivered in 4 to 7 business days.

Although we make every effort to meet these high standards, they are not guaranteed.

**hopefully at least by Friday or one LOOOONG weekend.

These dates are between major urban centres, so if you're not within a major urban centre (http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGservstds-e.asp#1755820 - Table 11) it will take longer. So people like me may have a few more days of being anxious :D

Archived