Premed 101 Forums

When have interview invites gone out in the past?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was funny too LOL. i still like manitoba's stunt... i'm pretty sure they changed the date that invites went out on the day of LOL. ie. they were supposed to go out on jan 10, and then on jan 10 they changed their website to say invites would go out on jan 11 LOL. at least i think that's what they did... don't wanna get caught pseudo-libeling anyone... LOL

seems like the answer to this is yes.. if you didnt receive an email around 1:15PM ontario time, then you are not being invited

Just a heads up for everybody: my email didn't arrive until after 3:00. It was time stamped 1:11 but didn't show up until two hours later (and I was on my computer/monitoring my inbox - and junk mail - the whole time).

Just a heads up for everybody: my email didn't arrive until after 3:00. It was time stamped 1:11 but didn't show up until two hours later (and I was on my computer/monitoring my inbox - and junk mail - the whole time).

Congratulations! Seeing that email drop in must've felt amazing.

Alpha on the other thread just received an invite timestamped at around 3pm EST - any chance they might be sending out a second batch of invites?

I fixed it. I didn't realize the timestamp would differ so considerably from GMail's system. Unfortunately mine was stamped 12:15 Saskatchewan time, so 1:15 in Hamilton. Looks like I didn't buck the trend; please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion and/or stress resulting from my mishap!

trying to keep it light... i thought it worth mentioning that i've apparently been watching you guys in this and the invite thread very closely today. i typed in "mcmaster" to go to their med admissions site to see if they posted anything. after typing in "mcmaster", i hit the down arrow and enter, assuming that it'd be their website. it took me to the invite thread page lol. meh. sorry if that's not amusing LOL.

just called admissions. asked that if you haven't heard today via email whether you've not been invited for an interview. receptionist said 'most likely'.

I feel really crushed about this, but I guess that's the way things turn out sometimes. I had a 13 VR (36 Q overall), and an OMSAS GPA of 3.72 (although at UofT it's a 3.9, and at mcGill, where I go, it's a 3.8). I thought casper went well, but I guess not...I tend to have strong opinions on controversial issues and may have eliminated myself based on this :(.

Hey drtrumpet,

Why would your OMSAS GPA be a 3.8 at McGill? I go to McGill too and from what I understand, they don't have any sort of weighting system?

just called admissions. asked that if you haven't heard today via email whether you've not been invited for an interview. receptionist said 'most likely'.

I feel really crushed about this, but I guess that's the way things turn out sometimes. I had a 13 VR (36 Q overall), and an OMSAS GPA of 3.72 (although at UofT it's a 3.9, and at mcGill, where I go, it's a 3.8). I thought casper went well, but I guess not...I tend to have strong opinions on controversial issues and may have eliminated myself based on this :(.

Hey drtrumpet,

Why would your OMSAS GPA be a 3.8 at McGill? I go to McGill too and from what I understand, they don't have any sort of weighting system?

What I mean is that my GPA at McGill is a 3.8. I guess OMSAS 'adjusted' them to somehow drop to a 3.72. I have a few P/F courses, and a few summer courses which were counted for OMSAS but not McGill, but I never imagined it would drop my GPA so much.

Hey drtrumpet,

Kinda curious about this myself, seeing as I finished undergrad at McGill this past December.

EDIT: Looks like I posted this AFTER you answered the question. In any case, thanks for the info!

What I mean is that my GPA at McGill is a 3.8. I guess OMSAS 'adjusted' them to somehow drop to a 3.72. I have a few P/F courses, and a few summer courses which were counted for OMSAS but not McGill, but I never imagined it would drop my GPA so much.

ahhh gotcha. congrats on the 3.8 though! Ive been working like a dog for my 3.67... mcgill is ridiculous.

Archived