Premed 101 Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I emailed the faculty of medicine to ask when the interviews were being held, and when people might find out about interview invites! this was the response I received.....

Applications for the Master of Physician Assistant Program are currently being reviewed. We will contact those who are selected for interview by February 28, 2013. If you have not heard from us by February 28th, you have not been selected for interview and a letter will be sent to you from the Faculty of Graduate Studies.

I think they do rolling offers, since I had to respond to mine by Friday. Maybe that means they'll send out more invites Monday/Tuesday when they know how many more interview seats they have to fill? Good luck!

If they do rolling offers that would be amazing! My friend heard today but I didn't... bit of a bummer when he told me to check my phone and no email was there on mine :confused: ...

The admissions office says they don't base offers off of Manitoba residency, but there is a PDF document out there that describes how interview offers are given (I forget where I found it exactly), and it says if candidates are deemed equal the offer will be given first to the Manitoba resident, then to the rural candidate, and then to everyone else.

I emailed them and specifically asked if they might be inviting me afterward. They said that due to the limited number of spots (12), they're not interviewing that many people and they had a record number of applicants this year. I think that means that if you didn't get an interview yet, you won't get one.

Archived