Premed 101 Forums

most important question to ask after being accepted..heheheh

Guest NOURA19

Guest NOURA19

hey everyone.....

Its been a long time....maybe too long. I hope ya'all are getting ready for 1st day soon....and the rest are studying hard for that nightmare called the DAT....heheheh

Well all the paper work with the bank is completed regarding the loan, got my apartment ready to move in, most things are packed already, got my tickets booked, got my class schedule in hand, started searching for book prices.....but there is just one think that lingers at the back of my mind.....

I have a question to all you 1,2,3,4 year dental students....it may seem a bit odd...bas here goes anyways. on the first day of classes.....what is the dress attire like?....I know during the interviews it was strictly formal dress suits, skirts etc etc.....but should we continue this 'formality' throughout the year. Man I hope not....I mean, If I show up in my jeans and flip-flops..will I be frowned upon by the faculty..staff...students???? My god...I cant believe I'm actually asking this. I dont know....but I read somewhere in the forum...that jeans in the dental building are not allowed.....that really sucks!...I hope dalhousie doesnt abide by this rule.....

anyways...any help, suggestions or comments will be appreciated....

3la fikra ya shabaab....if anyone needs some info, help, suggestions regarding what formal dental interview is like, how questions are posed...how one 'should' answer...I would be happy to share my experiences with the schools I was interviewed at.....bas I'm no expert, let me tell you that!

ok thanks everyone........

Guest toothy jr

definitely ask someone who is going to your school, or contact your admissions officer for info. At my school we can wear whatever we want except inside the area where patients are being treated (scrubs & closed-toe shoes). But of course I wouldn't want to get you in trouble if that is not the case at your school.

Guest NOURA19

thanks Toothy Jr. for your help....yeah I think I will end up asking admissions regarding the issue......hey at least they'll get a laugh out of it!;)

Guest WesternManiac

ahleen noora, oh my god you gurlz........if i was you, i would wear the shortest skirt and the tightest jeans :rollin hehehehe....to drive some profs crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy 8o

So that's it, u've decided on Dal??? i thought u were going to UT??? well, wherever you go, take my advice.......wear short stuff!!!! :b hey...it always works with you gurlzz...sa7??

yalla take care and HAVE LOTS OF FUN ;)

Wmaniac:hat

Guest NOURA19

Hey maniac,

Wallah inta majnooon ya 3mieee......shu 3m fakir feena, inee shu nilbis gets us what we want????.....well a7yanan;)

Yeah I did end up choosing Dalhousie...why? cozier enviorment that U of T, smaller class size, more clinical work, advanced and renovated clinics and labs, relatively cheap living expenses...although my expenses this year including tuition is approximately $34 000 (thats only cuz my condo charges through the roof)... beautiful city, amazingly kind staff and students, lively student body, and a prestigous school.....dont get me wrong, U of T is not a bad school, I have heard alot about it (hey, I live only 20 minutes from the dental building)...but I think that attending Dalhousie will give me opportunities and experience that UT simpily cant cut at...kaman its frekin arab land here! heheheh

yallah thats all for now...hey, where will you be attending this year?

Archived