Premed 101 Forums

Rewriting

designed

Let's say you write your MCAT in the summer and didn't do well. When is the soonest possible date after your first write that you can rewrite your MCAT? Furthermore, when is the last day you can write this year to still be able to apply this cycle?

I'm wondering because I'm planning on writing my MCAT this summer; however, if I don't do well, I want to have a safety net of still rewriting it and applying for this cycle.

Thanks

Let's say you write your MCAT in the summer and didn't do well. When is the soonest possible date after your first write that you can rewrite your MCAT? Furthermore, when is the last day you can write this year to still be able to apply this cycle?

I'm wondering because I'm planning on writing my MCAT this summer; however, if I don't do well, I want to have a safety net of still rewriting it and applying for this cycle.

Thanks

The last offering is early Sept each year. You can sign up for the test again right after writing it. Spots do fill up fast though so there is some work often involved. I didn't need to use my safety net but I had actually reserved a spot in Buffalo after my test as that was the only place within reach I could go - things are bit better now but you still have to move on things.

nah, one shot, i already got into med on all apps i did, i want high end us with some funding... i know i kill every section but physics, so im not too worried though

Yeah just find another spot from a friend / online person or just register 1 at the beginning of summer and one at the end. There, 2 tries. Just go 1 for 2 and you're golden light.

Yeah just find another spot from a friend / online person or just register 1 at the beginning of summer and one at the end. There, 2 tries. Just go 1 for 2 and you're golden light.

You can only register for 1 spot at a time. It also costs $270 to register for the MCAT. It also takes a month to get your scores (I really don't know why) so you will have a long transition period where you're essentially left in limbo. A lot of people have a rewrite plan but I think that may affect your performance at a subconscious level. It's better to give yourself enough time and have 1 shot at it.

Archived