Premed 101 Forums

NRMP and Carms applicants

forkdork

For those of us applying to both, when do you think we will get the boot from NRMP if we successfully match through Carms?

I know last year people were finding out they were withdrawn from NRMP approx 2 weeks before the NRMP match (last years NRMP was on March 12th/2012, and people found out they were withdrawn on February 27th!).

This years NRMP match is on March 11th, hopefully the same will happen and we can find out next week if Carms was a success or not!

I called Carms just to see what they would say about it (yes I have time on my hands right now:p ). She said they usually release that info to NRMP the day before the carms match. Implying that's what they did last year. I should have called her on it but I'm assuming that's what they were told to say....

For those of us applying to both, when do you think we will get the boot from NRMP if we successfully match through Carms?

I know last year people were finding out they were withdrawn from NRMP approx 2 weeks before the NRMP match (last years NRMP was on March 12th/2012, and people found out they were withdrawn on February 27th!).

This years NRMP match is on March 11th, hopefully the same will happen and we can find out next week if Carms was a success or not!

To apply for NRMP do you have to write the USMLE exams?

I'm estimating that we should know by next week if we're withdrawn from NRMP? It's all speculation though...

Hahaha, me too!

I've logged into NRMP like 15x today to check. It still says Certified ROL. Is that what have you have been checking?

yep. CERTIFIED ROL in green. i clicked "my rank order list" and it shows my list, nothing special yet.

im posting from jamaica lol. booked a trip for the week. trying to relax but hard to when my mind is constantly thinking about it!!

i will keep you posted, i will login again tomorrow morning.

I talked to NRMP today and they said that they'll find out on the same day as us... which means March 5th. However, they told another applicant that they'll will get the CaRMS match results on Friday.

Btw, we got a CaRMS match thread going at rxpgonline.com called "CaRMS Match day 2013!"; you all should check it out.

Also, please post if your NRMP status changes.

Archived