Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got a tattoo yesterday in memory of those close to me who have passed away after a fight with cancer. First tattoo, and I chose to get it on my upper ribs (easy to hide for professionalism 's sake). Needless to say she's a little sore and tender today, and pretty bruised - my skin is very sensitive. Can't wait to see it once its all healed up! I've been working on the design for close to a year now, and it's nice to know that it's finally done. :D

Very cool! Sounds like a nice and very personal memorial.

Nepotism is on my mind.

There's a no-name scientist working in my lab. Meaning she has never produced any paper ever on her own, it's a miracle she graduated with PhD with writing a review.

But she recently married someone who has a lot of clout in my lab is now being forced onto any paper for doing a small technician's step - including mine.

She'll probably get second authorship for doing a one day experiment any monkey can do - with everything being organized for her.

I kind of hate her.

Nepotism is on my mind.

There's a no-name scientist working in my lab. Meaning she has never produced any paper ever on her own, it's a miracle she graduated with PhD with writing a review.

But she recently married someone who has a lot of clout in my lab is now being forced onto any paper for doing a small technician's step - including mine.

She'll probably get second authorship for doing a one day experiment any monkey can do - with everything being organized for her.

I kind of hate her.

Such is the way of the world. Unfortunately.

Best part of summer?

Food. Fresh veggies everywhere. We have farms, farm stands, and a farm market on our road. I am in veggie heaven. Plus I have my little garden and already have some beets and should have tomatoes in another few weeks.

I don't know if these are common elsewhere, but we have a lot of self-serve farm stands. They have a little box where you drop your money. I love these so I can feed my yellow bean addiction regularly.

Best part of summer?

Food. Fresh veggies everywhere. We have farms, farm stands, and a farm market on our road. I am in veggie heaven. Plus I have my little garden and already have some beets and should have tomatoes in another few weeks.

I don't know if these are common elsewhere, but we have a lot of self-serve farm stands. They have a little box where you drop your money. I love these so I can feed my yellow bean addiction regularly.

Not a lot of self-serve stands around here, but there is a farmer's market twice a week in town, and there are plenty of little farms surrounding us that are open on the weekends, selling their wares. There is also a small butcher shop in town that sells wonderful beef, raised without antibiotics or hormones at a local farm. There's an ostrich farm not too far away too, where they also raise buffalo.

Best part of summer?

Fresh island strawberries... I could actually eat them by the crate. Grocery store strawberries aren't even in the same ball park.

Fresh island strawberries... I could actually eat them by the crate. Grocery store strawberries aren't even in the same ball park.

My parents' neighbour is a berry farmer. My mother just bought 25lbs for making jam, and then her neighbour dropped off a couple crates. She gave us six boxes and they are sitting on my counter, gradually being eaten by the kids.

One year, the neighbors gave my parents two acres of strawberry plants to pick as we pleased. It was awesome.

With all the spam and unhelpful posts on this website recently, I've been thinking if a voting system could be put in place on pm101. It would probably help flag spammers and provide useful information for people on this forum.

That and the US Open. Been playing tennis a lot recently, and I can't wait to see the final grand slam of the year. It's still some time away but I can't get it out of my mind.

I'm packing. How the F*** did I manage to accumulate so much crap?

When my husband and I moved a couple of years ago, we ended up donating SO much stuff to Goodwill - lots of clothes that were still in perfect condition, some small appliances that were still working and in great condition (ie. extra microwaves, toasters), and TONS of books. My husband and I both read a lot, and we tended to accumulate a lot of books. We kept the ones we wanted and that we knew we would read again, but we donated SO many books (and we still have too many!) I'm so glad the library does e-books now - much easier and convenient!

Archived