Premed 101 Forums

McMaster PA Application Cycle 2013

Hi everyone!

I applied to the PA program this year. I was wondering if there was any word regarding how many applicants there were this year? I heard the information sessions at Mac were pretty packed.

I figured we could also post our stats and monitor this thread as interviews come out in the next month or so. Good luck everyone!

IP 4th year undergrad cGPA ~3.8

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering what the tentative dates for McMaster PA interviews usually are.

From last year's interview post, it seems 2012 interview was conducted on May 5.

Does it always take place on the first Saturday of May?

And is there only one date (considering the number of applicants stated on the previous messages)?

Thanks in advance.

Ask McMaster yourself. All anyone on this forum can say are guesses. If you're really worried about it for a particular reason, it's better to get a real answer from them. I'd imagine if they have significantly more applicants than before they may make it two days, but that's at their discretion.

Hey!

Just Wondering If Anyone Did Hear From Mcmaster..if I Remember Right They Said The Tentative Dates To Get Back With Selected Candidates Was Late In March...

Cheers

Good Luck!

I haven't heard anything yet and don't know anyone who has. Last year the first set of interview invites went out on the last Thursday of the month (29th), which falls on the 28th this year. With Good Friday in mind I have a feeling we will either hear by this Thursday or not until the first week of April.

anyone know how many people they invited and how many seats are available?

The info pamphlet said they were aiming for 60-80 interviews for 24 spots. I doubt the number of spots would change even with increasing applicants considering the program prides itself on securing jobs for most grads and clerkship opportunities are limited for med/pa students. To confirm numbers someone would probably have to email or ask Danielle directly.

This year there were 460 applicants the PA Program selects 72 for interview.

Thank you,

Physician Assistant Education Program

Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine

McMaster University | MDCL 2201

1280 Main Street West

Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1

This year there were 460 applicants the PA Program selects 72 for interview.

Thank you,

Physician Assistant Education Program

Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine

McMaster University | MDCL 2201

1280 Main Street West

Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1

Thanks, docmm!

Does this mean that if I didn't get an interview invite, I'm rejected? Does anyone know when they are sending out the rejections?

Thank you for your email. The PA Program sent invitations to interview out this morning by email. Applicants have until April 2nd to respond, all refused spots will be filled up until the day before interviews. Refusal emails will be sent by the admissions office.

Archived