Premed 101 Forums

McMaster PA Application Cycle 2013

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those who got into Mac! For those who got accepted into Mac, did you also apply to UofT and get accepted to UofT as well? I was wondering how many people might have gotten into both UofT and Mac and plan to choose Mac over UofT! (On waitlist here for UofT! Hehe)

Congrats to those who got in. I just got the offer from Mac today. So those who did not get one yet, do not lose your hope, they do not send the offer letter all together. I also got into the perfusion program in Michener, now I am really debating between the two. Both are promising. Any suggestion?

Congrats to those who got in. I just got the offer from Mac today. So those who did not get one yet, do not lose your hope, they do not send the offer letter all together. I also got into the perfusion program in Michener, now I am really debating between the two. Both are promising. Any suggestion?

MAC, but if you have to think about it..............

Oh my, I wasn't aware that Mac started in Sept. I kind of assumed UofT and Mac started at the same time!

I'm on waitlist as well (but for UofT), might be the most anxiety inducing thing ever! I also hope I'm close to the top of the waitlist!

I actually hear that the perfusion program at Michener was super competitive and hard to get into as well, so I think in the end it ends up being whether you think you'd like one role over the other!

Oh my, I wasn't aware that Mac started in Sept. I kind of assumed UofT and Mac started at the same time!

I'm on waitlist as well (but for UofT), might be the most anxiety inducing thing ever! I also hope I'm close to the top of the waitlist!

I actually hear that the perfusion program at Michener was super competitive and hard to get into as well, so I think in the end it ends up being whether you think you'd like one role over the other!

I totally agree. They are two very different roles, but I am sure you are leaning towards one more than the other, follow your heart!

Congratulations everyone on their offers! I'm hoping that I'm near the top of the waitlist :( When did you receive the email tommy21? Do you know if you got in off the waitlist or if you were part of the first round?

The email doesn't say if I were from wait list or not. It's only 1 business day apart from the first group of offer letters....really hard to tell how it works ...

Thank you guys! I can't tell which role I will really like unless try them out, for now I can only ask as many people as possible to get better idea of them. I just heard someone told me that when looking for job as cardiovascular perfusion, they prefer tall people...which I'm not.....anyone know if it's true????

So I inquired about the status of applications for those of us who haven't received news and this is what they said...

"The admission offers were sent May 24th, those selected have until June 7th to respond to their offer. The PA Program fills all refused spots and then creates a wait list. Wait list and refusal emails will be sent by the end of June."

Thank you,

Physician Assistant Education Program

Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine

McMaster University | MDCL 2201

1280 Main Street West

Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1

This makes me think that someone refused acceptance on friday and tommy was next in line. It sounds like they fill refused spots right until june 7 then create a waitlist after the fact.

I'm more inclined to believe the message was delayed if it was by email. I send a lot of group emails at work and sometimes get emails back (especially from gmail accounts) saying that my message will be delayed, and it is usually received a day or two later instead.

So I inquired about the status of applications for those of us who haven't received news and this is what they said...

"The admission offers were sent May 24th, those selected have until June 7th to respond to their offer. The PA Program fills all refused spots and then creates a wait list. Wait list and refusal emails will be sent by the end of June."

Thank you,

Physician Assistant Education Program

Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine

McMaster University | MDCL 2201

1280 Main Street West

Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1

This makes me think that someone refused acceptance on friday and tommy was next in line. It sounds like they fill refused spots right until june 7 then create a waitlist after the fact.

It's nice that this year they seem to have implemented the wait list and refusal emails. If you look at threads from previous years some people complained that they used to only contact those accepted.

Well I accepted the offer from Mac and declined the one from U of T via snail mail as I couldn't decline the offer online. So someone on the wait list for U of T should be notified whenever they get the letter. Strange you couldn't accept or decline online for U of T unless I missed the link on the join U of T page if so and someone can inform me of where the decline offer link is I will decline online and that might get the waitlist to move a little faster.

Well I accepted the offer from Mac and declined the one from U of T via snail mail as I couldn't decline the offer online. So someone on the wait list for U of T should be notified whenever they get the letter. Strange you couldn't accept or decline online for U of T unless I missed the link on the join U of T page if so and someone can inform me of where the decline offer link is I will decline online and that might get the waitlist to move a little faster.

I swear to god, I love you CCEMT. I just got an offer today from UofT! (I personally would like to believe it was because of your snail mail!) I'm going to say thanks for accepting Mac! I like to believe you (and possibly others) gave me this wonderful opportunity!

I swear to god, I love you CCEMT. I just got an offer today from UofT! (I personally would like to believe it was because of your snail mail!) I'm going to say thanks for accepting Mac! I like to believe you (and possibly others) gave me this wonderful opportunity!

That's very kind of you to say but I don't think there is any way to know for sure. Congratulations on your acceptance, oh I ended up emailing the program also the snail mail route was bugging me. I know if I was wait listed I would have been climbing the walls and checking email endlessly because that's what I did just waiting for an offer.

Archived