Premed 101 Forums

The 2013 Mac Support Group

I interview in another week but I can already feel the pressure of May 14, 2013. I figured I'd start this thread now. Last year I was an avid member of the waitlist thread. I hope that doesn't happen this year!

This thread is for everyone who interviewed at Mac stay to sane will the 14th. Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a fun time today!

... Now we play the waiting game. Good luck to everyone who still has to interview!

ditto - the 1st year helpers were really kind and the MMI just flew by, what with the pressure and the level of engagement.

Best of luck to everyone! Let's keep each other sane.

I enjoyed the talk given by the president of the student council. Made me smile the entire time.

"All med schools in canada will give you a good education. McMaster will give you a GREAT education" haha

LOL it must be tiring to repeat the same speech multiple times. He said the exact same thing yesterday, haha!

The dude really gave a ring to the presentation.

I've got my interview on April 6th, and am just wondering if anyone has some good suggestions for a place to stay nearby campus? Not sure if there is anything in walking distance - that would be awesome - but something close-ish and in a nice area would be great!

I'm also arriving extra early (on the Thursday) since I want to try and myself to a 3-hour time change. My interview is at 8am, and I'm coming in from Vancouver so that will feel like 5am my time :eek: . Point being I'll have an extra day to explore the campus/city, so any suggestions on things to do the day before interview would be appreciated as well!

I'm distracting myself by learning to crochet stuffed animals. Even if I don't get in, I'll have lots of stuffies to hug. And if I do get in... hey, still got stuffies!

Right now, I'm working on this guy on the left.

I'm going to try cooking for the next few weeks LOL. What better than a new hobby to distract you!

I've got my interview on April 6th, and am just wondering if anyone has some good suggestions for a place to stay nearby campus? Not sure if there is anything in walking distance - that would be awesome - but something close-ish and in a nice area would be great!

I'm also arriving extra early (on the Thursday) since I want to try and myself to a 3-hour time change. My interview is at 8am, and I'm coming in from Vancouver so that will feel like 5am my time :eek: . Point being I'll have an extra day to explore the campus/city, so any suggestions on things to do the day before interview would be appreciated as well!

Visitors Inn is probably the closest: http://www.visitorsinn.com/

Dundurn Castle and the art gallery are close. You could take a walk down Locke Street or in downtown Dundas (King Street). There are many trails/natural areas to go for walks as well. There's also a farmer's market downtown, but I've never been to it.

Most places were booked over a month in advance so you might have trouble finding one. The only nice one I could find was Staybridge but it's a tad pricey.

Visitors Inn is probably the closest: http://www.visitorsinn.com/

Dundurn Castle and the art gallery are close. You could take a walk down Locke Street or in downtown Dundas (King Street). There are many trails/natural areas to go for walks as well. There's also a farmer's market downtown, but I've never been to it.

Sweet, I'll look into the hotel and thanks for the suggestions!

Hi all. I hope the interviews are going well for everyone. I was wondering what people's opinions on having time left over in an MMI station are. There were quite a few times I found I had said all I had to say and addressed the prompts and I still had a little bit of time remaining. I feel like this is a bad sign. Thoughts?

Hi all. I hope the interviews are going well for everyone. I was wondering what people's opinions on having time left over in an MMI station are. There were quite a few times I found I had said all I had to say and addressed the prompts and I still had a little bit of time remaining. I feel like this is a bad sign. Thoughts?

Did you just chat with the interviewer in the remaining time? Or did not say anything? I doubt that it will matter either way :)

Did you just chat with the interviewer in the remaining time? Or did not say anything? I doubt that it will matter either way :)

It depended. The ones that seemed open to chatting I chatted with. But in a lot of cases they would say, "if you think of anything you'd like to add go ahead but otherwise you don't have to." And I would usually think for a minute (in silence) and then add a small point and then the time would go.

Archived