Premed 101 Forums

U of O Physio Interview

I got invited to do an interview on Monday.

Did you get one as well? I'm really wondering what sort of questions they will ask since it's so short.... all I know is that it will be a bilingual interview and they really just need to make sure we can speak both languages fluently.

Well I wouldn't say I am perfectly fluent but I've been through french immersion schools and worked in a bilingual setting for a year. From what I have heard, there are some students who stuggle with the french a bit but still get in the program. It is a bilingual program afterall. Can you define functional? If you've gotten a call for the interview, you should be able to get an idea of the level they require. The lady spoke really quick and fast to me. If you can understand her and could speak back fine, you should be OK. If you struggled to schedule your interview, I would be worried then.

Hi NessKrakes...sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it didn't go as bad as you think! I am waiting for my interview this afternoon...any tips? Was there a lot of french? I'm also worried about my "functional" but not fluent french...

Good luck!

They asked 4 questions, each 3 minutes. The first 2 questions were french, the third question was english and the last question was also french. Here are the questions that I was asked:

1. a. With technology advancing, what are some challenges physiotherapist might encounter?

b. With that, should the government be placing more money in rehabilitation?

2. a. There is a shortage of physiotherapist in rural communities, should the government be putting more money in physiotherapist in rural communities?

b. With that, what would you do?

3. a. A patient with pulmonary obstruction syndrome refuses to do her exercise and tells you that she is relying on faith healing. How would you deal with a non compliant client?

b. When is it good to encourage faith healing in a patient

4. How did you prepare for this interview

I wasn't prepared at all. I thought that they'd at least ask "why do you want to be a physio"

I really hope that they're testing fluency

Would anyone be willing to share what theyre gpa was and what background they had (bachelor, university)? Also, does anyone know how admission work at uottawa- is there a second round for interviews or it's only the people that were called in today?

Thanks!! :)

Would anyone be willing to share what theyre gpa was and what background they had (bachelor, university)? Also, does anyone know how admission work at uottawa- is there a second round for interviews or it's only the people that were called in today?

Thanks!! :)

I applied with a sGPA of 3.65 with an Honors Bachelor in Kinesiology from Lakehead University. My first language is french though, so that was what I was banking on when I applied to Ottawa U. I'm also curious to know if there is a second round of interviews, but when my interview was done the ladies said that I was going to get an answer in two weeks. Whether that's an offer of admission or another round is beyond me.

I got invited to do an interview on Monday.

Did you get one as well? I'm really wondering what sort of questions they will ask since it's so short.... all I know is that it will be a bilingual interview and they really just need to make sure we can speak both languages fluently.

Hi! I hope your interview went well. I had mine today as well and I'm feeling like everybody else as well... I was caught off guard! My main worry is my french, although I am from montreal and fully bilingual, I don't sound as confident as I would like (vs english). If you don't mind me asking, when you said the interview was just to make sure we can speak both languages fluently, where did you get that information from? Just curious and hoping this is the case!!

They asked 4 questions, each 3 minutes. The first 2 questions were french, the third question was english and the last question was also french. Here are the questions that I was asked:

1. a. With technology advancing, what are some challenges physiotherapist might encounter?

b. With that, should the government be placing more money in rehabilitation?

2. a. There is a shortage of physiotherapist in rural communities, should the government be putting more money in physiotherapist in rural communities?

b. With that, what would you do?

3. a. A patient with pulmonary obstruction syndrome refuses to do her exercise and tells you that she is relying on faith healing. How would you deal with a non compliant client?

b. When is it good to encourage faith healing in a patient

4. How did you prepare for this interview

I wasn't prepared at all. I thought that they'd at least ask "why do you want to be a physio"

I really hope that they're testing fluency

This post would have been lovely had I seen in a few hours ago! I did not expect them at all. Hoping it wasn't as bad as I remember

I had an interview today, and I can say with confidence that I could not have done worse. How did it go for everyone? I guess I really wasn't prepared for it. I hope it was to check on our french/english fluency

I also felt pretty dismal after mine, tough scenario questions and the having to answer in french bit was actually the most challenging for me...at least you had that going for you!:)

Now we wait...(oh, and the response in two weeks is to tell us whether we're accepted or not, there's no further interview process thank goodness!)

• 2 weeks later...

For OT at OttawaU they contacted us by email and by info web and then by mail so I'd imagine its the same. I saw my offer on info web a day before I got my email and then got my letter 4 days later. I called on tuesday to find out if I would know about physio before the deadline for OT (22nd) and the secretary told me she hoped so but there was a lot of applications lol

Archived