Premed 101 Forums

Forwarding interviews

Guest danman04

Guest danman04

Is forwarding interviews to other dentistry schools an acceptable thing to do?

I was already interviewed at U of A, and invited for an interview to U of M.

Just wondering if anyone else has or is forwarding interviews this year and how you felt about it?

Dan

Guest YYCdentboi

I am reposting NOURA19's question re Uof M in hope for an answer:

They interview 100, but how may oop do they interview?....Also, in the letter they stated that we can transfer our CDA interview scores from other schools. Do the schools (which we have already interviewed at) do this if they have not yet sent out any indications of acceptance, rejections, or waitlist results??? and are we notified of these past interview scores to judge if they should be transfered?.......

Also, since U of M's deadline to confirm an interview is this Wednesday, has anyone had experience in forwarding interview scores from another university? Are we able to find out the score before it is forwarded? Does having a forwarded score, as opposed to being physically present for an interview, have any negative bearing on an applicant's chance of acceptance?

Thanks!

Guest predent2003

I asked UBC to transfer my score to Alberta this year. It is very easy. You just have to talk to the admin ladies and they are very nice about it.

However though, you are not allowed to find out your interview score. Both UBC and UofT refused to tell me my score.

Guest YYCdentboi

thanks predent..

do you know if U of A, or any other institution, gives preference for applicants that actually attend the interview?

Guest NOURA19

hEY,

i think you can call the school you previously interviewed at and ask for your interview score 'just for the sake of knowing', easily. I remember reading a previous post stating that they called and found out their interview score from UofT (PlugDis). Now this may only apply to thoes who were rejected....dunno, really!

But if you ask for your score for the sake of knowing how well you did in order to make a decision regarding sending your score to another school....then they will not tell you it. (I tried that!)

As for me, I still have not decided If I will send out my scores or not.....but since I have a place at UofT...it makes my decision alot easier! :D :D

Guest YYCdentboi

Thanks NOURA..

I've already been accepted at UBC, but I am attracted to the low tuition of U of M! I'm just torn between forwarding my UBC interview scores or attending the interview in person, which will probably "look better" if you know what I mean..:rolleyes

Guest per te

I don't know if anyone will be able to tell you whether forwarding scores could have any bearing on your application. So if you're worried, why not just go so you won't be left doubting...

You'll be able to visit the school and city, see the facilities, and talk to the people there,etc.. It might even help you make your decision. :)

~*per te*~

Guest YYCdentboi

That's true, per te. I think I will go for the heck of it! (Why is a flight from Calgary to Toronto cheaper than a flight from Calgary to Winnipeg!?) :rolleyes

From U of M's website, it looks like touring their facilities would be quite interesting!

Recent renovations have resulted in a state-of-the-art clinical facility as well as pre-clinical simulation laboratories. These laboratories feature A-dec simulators, and fully equipped multi-media instructor stations to provide presentations and demonstrations to students using various types of technology such as flex-cams, surgical telescopes, document readers and intra-oral cameras...Another new development, the virtual reality DentSim laboratory is the first (and at this time) the only facility of its kind in Canada. These teaching stations provide cutting edge computer analyses and simulations of dental preparations in a real-time format to enhance student learning and skill development.

Archived