Premed 101 Forums

Second round offers for interviews

I just received this email for McMaster for second round interviews saying:

"Hello,

We are starting to schedule second round offers for interviews. At the moment we

have only spots available for Saturday, April 27, 2013. Please let us know what

time your CAP is at the University of Toronto and we will try and schedule you

around that.

The deadline to reply to let us know is Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm (EST)."

Did anyone else receive this email? It's sort of confusing because they don't directly say they are offering you an interview and it sounds like they will only offer you an interview if it fits around your CAP evaluation time.

I just received this email for McMaster for second round interviews saying:

"Hello,

We are starting to schedule second round offers for interviews. At the moment we

have only spots available for Saturday, April 27, 2013. Please let us know what

time your CAP is at the University of Toronto and we will try and schedule you

around that.

The deadline to reply to let us know is Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm (EST)."

Did anyone else receive this email? It's sort of confusing because they don't directly say they are offering you an interview and it sounds like they will only offer you an interview if it fits around your CAP evaluation time.

yeah i got the same thing too! I emailed them back saying my CAP is april 27th morning time (9am) so i hope they can consider commute and STRESSSSS! my nerves are going to be shot that day haha but im assuming alot of people are refusing the mmi if not they wouldnt even had sent us this email. my guess is, they'll do it on another day if the bulk of the people cant accept. they wont not invite you because you're writing the cap... thats not fair. Also, do you mind sharing what your gpa is? im at 3.77 im wondering how low they are going:o

I haven't received this e-mail, keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I do!! If you don't mind me asking though, what was your sub-GPA? I want to know how far they've gone down on the list for second round of interview offers.

My sub-GPA is 3.77. Fingers crossed that they are able to schedule it otherwise they just got my hopes up!

I got a slightly different email, but same concept. Just like the CAP, they want you to confirm that you will be going to the MMI. In my case, they scheduled it for Friday, 2:30pm, so I hit the link and clicked "accept"

Did you receive this email today? Because there wasn't any link to accept an interview nor did they schedule a time for it.

Did you receive this email today? Because there wasn't any link to accept an interview nor did they schedule a time for it.

Yes, this email I received today (I had already received a different one last week)

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to participate in the Multiple Mini Interview Process, which serves as the final stage of assessment for admission to the Master of Science program in Physiotherapy at McMaster University.

Your Physiotherapy interview will be held at the INSTITUTE FOR APPLIED HEALTH SCIENCES building (IAHS), McMaster University campus, and has been scheduled for:

Date: Friday, April 26, 2013

Time: 2:35 PM

It is crucial that we know that you plan to attend this interview as scheduled. You may respond by completing the online acceptance form at:

If the above link does not redirect you to a new page, please cut and paste the link into a new browser.

Interview times and days have been predetermined and, therefore, changes cannot be made. All confirmations must be received by TUESDAY April 15, 2013 at 12:00 pm (noon) EST. If you do not confirm your interview, your interview time will be given to an applicant on the waiting list.

Attached is additional information on the interview process. Please review this information carefully. In addition, please visit us at http://www.DiscoverMacSRS.ca for more information on the program."

So I guess they just went and scheduled me the MMI, minus asking me when the CAP is?

Yes, this email I received today (I had already received a different one last week)

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to participate in the Multiple Mini Interview Process, which serves as the final stage of assessment for admission to the Master of Science program in Physiotherapy at McMaster University.

Your Physiotherapy interview will be held at the INSTITUTE FOR APPLIED HEALTH SCIENCES building (IAHS), McMaster University campus, and has been scheduled for:

Date: Friday, April 26, 2013

Time: 2:35 PM

It is crucial that we know that you plan to attend this interview as scheduled. You may respond by completing the online acceptance form at:

If the above link does not redirect you to a new page, please cut and paste the link into a new browser.

Interview times and days have been predetermined and, therefore, changes cannot be made. All confirmations must be received by TUESDAY April 15, 2013 at 12:00 pm (noon) EST. If you do not confirm your interview, your interview time will be given to an applicant on the waiting list.

Attached is additional information on the interview process. Please review this information carefully. In addition, please visit us at http://www.DiscoverMacSRS.ca for more information on the program."

So I guess they just went and scheduled me the MMI, minus asking me when the CAP is?

Hmm... interesting. So you had a rejection email last week as well? Do you mind me asking what your subGPA is? I think it's odd for them to just ask some of us that and not others.

The CAP is only written on one day (Saturday the 27th). So if they gave you a Friday or Sunday interview they wouldn't need to ask you if you're writing the CAP or not.

Hence why only people who were scheduled on Saturday received the "when are you writing the CAP?" message.

The CAP is only written on one day (Saturday the 27th). So if they gave you a Friday or Sunday interview they wouldn't need to ask you if you're writing the CAP or not.

Hence why only people who were scheduled on Saturday received the "when are you writing the CAP?" message.

Yes, but why do they not know that this person received a CAP invite? I know that U of T and Mac are supposed to have an agreement to share invitation information, such that they schedule people automatically, without a conflict.

Hmm... interesting. So you had a rejection email last week as well? Do you mind me asking what your subGPA is? I think it's odd for them to just ask some of us that and not others.

I apologize, I meant to say that I received a similar invitational email last week, so it surprised me that they sent me another invitational email. My sub was 3.87, and I have no idea where everyone is getting the information about cut-off GPA and number of applicants, because none of the emails I received had any of that information.

I apologize, I meant to say that I received a similar invitational email last week, so it surprised me that they sent me another invitational email. My sub was 3.87, and I have no idea where everyone is getting the information about cut-off GPA and number of applicants, because none of the emails I received had any of that information.

Those who didn't get an interview were told what the GPA cutoff was for this year (the email I received last week said originally 3.77/4.0 but then received an updated email right after correcting it to 3.78/4.0). I think there is information on the website about the amount of applicants that applied but I haven't checked myself.

Yes, but why do they not know that this person received a CAP invite? I know that U of T and Mac are supposed to have an agreement to share invitation information, such that they schedule people automatically, without a conflict.

I obviously can't say what information UofT and Mac share regarding the applicants, but the deadlines to RSVP for the MMI and CAP are April 15th and April 18th, respectively. So maybe they only know this person received a CAP invite, but may not know the exact time (since people may need accommodations for religious/other reasons) or even if the person has RSVP'd yet.

Also, maybe Mac tried to schedule all the CAP people into Friday and Sunday (you got one for Friday), and just ran out of time slots so they asked the remaining people what time their CAP was on Saturday to accommodate them.

I obviously can't say what information UofT and Mac share regarding the applicants, but the deadlines to RSVP for the MMI and CAP are April 15th and April 18th, respectively. So maybe they only know this person received a CAP invite, but may not know the exact time (since people may need accommodations for religious/other reasons) or even if the person has RSVP'd yet.

Also, maybe Mac tried to schedule all the CAP people into Friday and Sunday (you got one for Friday), and just ran out of time slots so they asked the remaining people what time their CAP was on Saturday to accommodate them.

Yeah makes sense, because it does say we only have saturday 27th available. Anyway we'll see after everybody gets back to them... In my mind I was refused so I'm just going to see this as an added bonus for me. If it works out, all the better

I think if your gpa is 3.87 they meant to send u the invitation, its not a "second round interview". Its juist weird that you got it now... Beccause that's well above the cut-off. There's something very confusing and disorganized about all this, but anyway. I'm sure they have their work cut out for them this time of year! Best of luck :)

I think if your gpa is 3.87 they meant to send u the invitation, its not a "second round interview". Its juist weird that you got it now... Beccause that's well above the cut-off. There's something very confusing and disorganized about all this, but anyway. I'm sure they have their work cut out for them this time of year! Best of luck :)

Yeah, I guess eh? Thanks for the wishes, hope you make it through as well :)

I just received a phone call from the admissions office for PT/OT at Mac saying I got a second round offer for an interview. So it may be possible that you'll get a phone call today as well!

I'm so excited! I got a rejection letter about a week ago but now I got the same e-mail and I'm scheduled for an interview on April 27th!

What are your GPAs? Please post GPA so those that have same GPA can have something to compare

Archived