Premed 101 Forums

dropping best worst station

Anyone know whether NOSM drops your worst and best station? I was searching through past threads and found that they don't anymore (if they ever did). I felt my interview went generally well but know I bombed one station :(

Thanks for your response.

That's interesting because most NOSM students I've spoken to say that they do drop your worst and best stations. I guess it's another mystery in the whole process.

As far as I know NOSM used to drop the lowest station, but changed that policy in 2009 or 2010...around the same time they changed their GPA policy (they used to weigh marks higher in the upper years, or drop first year marks...or something...I can't remember). I certainly could be wrong about MMI policy.

As far as I know NOSM used to drop the lowest station, but changed that policy in 2009 or 2010...around the same time they changed their GPA policy (they used to weigh marks higher in the upper years, or drop first year marks...or something...I can't remember). I certainly could be wrong about MMI policy.

What you're saying makes sense since these students are in their third or fourth year which puts them just before this policy changed.

Nation-wide, I believe the policy exists to question a significantly lower score at a station given significantly higher scores at the rest of the stations. This means that you are not 'toast' anywhere if you get a lower score at a particular station. The caveat exists, however, that it depends on why that score is lower. Obviously, if you swear or are rude, or you present an argument that's totally out to lunch and say strange things, that will definitively hurt your score.

I hope that makes sense.

I interviewed at 6 places last year and talked to admissions staff about this at every school.

Archived