Premed 101 Forums

Urgent, UBC application help

Guest Guyver03

Guest Guyver03

I'm just finishing up the UBC application forms, and at the end it asks for my high school transcript. Nowhere on their website did they ask for my high school transcript, so now I'm really panicing. I have completed all my prerequisites at SFU (except the 2 English classes), so I don't need Bio 12 or something like that from high school. Do any of you have this dilemma? Anyone knows if the high school record is mandatory???:(

Guest predent2003

No, you don't need it.

You only need it if you type in biol 12 when you type in your pre-req courses. They know you have taken biol 12 if you have taken university level biology *daaaa*

However, if you phone them now, they will say yes because they are so busy collecting application and have no time to explain to you. But if you personally visity the admission office, they'll tell you no, you don't need it. Either way, I don't think there's enough time for you to send in your high school transcript anyway. I didn't send in my, so you won't be the only one!:P

Cheers,

Guest Guyver03

Thanks predent2003, I was really scare when that last page pops up, cause it says nowhere on the website. But now that u mentioned it, I doubt they would need my high school transcript if I had completed all those prereq.

I forgot to ask you predent2003, are you a UBC student though? Because they sent me an email stating that if I've never been registered at UBC they need my high school transcript.

Guest predent2003

Hey Guyver03,

I wasn't aware of the fact that you are not from UBC.

I heard you might need high school transcript if you are not from UBC. But the school is very ambiguos on this, so your best bet is to contact and harrass the admission office till they say it's fine!

good luck!

Guest Kicoati

Hey Guyver,

No need to doubt, they don't need your high school transcript. I e-mailed them a while ago to ask. They said high school transcript is only for people applying to other undergrad programs.

Apparently they have al ot of mix-ups in their DMD application website with other programs', like they said to me "Thanks for submitting the $200 using our credit card system". I had no idea what they were talking about, there was no place on the application for me to enter my credit card information.

Guest LestatZinnie

kicoati:

the UBC dentistry admission office is not unknown for some of its quirky problems. Just take a look at the 2002 admission stats- they abruptly changed the deadline from Nov to Sept that year and as result less than 100 people applied (50% admission rate!!!), and in the subsequent year they changed deadline back again. Their actions are very inscrutable at times.

Guest happychica

That high school transcript part was really confusing to me too...

But I actually called them and asked...and even if you dont attend UBC they dont need your high school transcript unless you want to use the Bio and Chem as prereqs....

^_^

good luck u all!

Guest Guyver03

Just want to thank everyone for helping me out, I was really nervous until I read all the post here. I guess they don't need my high school record afterall. Plus I do noticed that in the email they sent me, it says they received my $200 via credit card payment, which I had to pay them personally on Thursday because I didn't know they don't accept credit card charge on their website. What were they smoking? :smokin

Archived