Premed 101 Forums

I hate to ask...

Oh god, somehow this the the nightmare decision of my life, hahaha. I really don't know what to wear and don't know if the regular rules of job interview attire apply to this because there are sooo many applicants... I think your outfit could help identify you later on when they are trying to make decisions???

So, I am torn between 2 outfits:

Safe: grey dress pants with a dark silk top (tucked) and black blazer

Risky: French connection professional cut dress... If it was black it would definitely be safe, but it is a coral with navy pattern, haha. Then navy blazer over to tone it down...

It's generally recommended against to wear anything too loud to an interview... But usually there are far fewer people being interviewed... So idk what I will choose.

Also, don't wear too much makeup

You could do either and be fine. Just make sure the dress isn't over the top like cocktail or for parties...). I'm always wary of dresses because of weather and men (just in general, you don't want them to think you are a skank and you can't be sure what is considered low-cut to someone as it changes per person). In general, a nicer business casual is good.

I'm going to be wearing black dress pants with black shoes and a nice pink/white dress top.

Dabby! I don't think there's anything wrong with your 'risky' choice, especially if you're toning it down with a navy blazer. I would say go with this choice, since you'll stand out in a good way - not many people will be wearing that colour combination! Of course, if you're self conscious about it and feel awkward, it might affect your performance; if you're comfortable, just go for it! :P

Oh god, somehow this the the nightmare decision of my life, hahaha. I really don't know what to wear and don't know if the regular rules of job interview attire apply to this because there are sooo many applicants... I think your outfit could help identify you later on when they are trying to make decisions???

So, I am torn between 2 outfits:

Safe: grey dress pants with a dark silk top (tucked) and black blazer

Risky: French connection professional cut dress... If it was black it would definitely be safe, but it is a coral with navy pattern, haha. Then navy blazer over to tone it down...

It's generally recommended against to wear anything too loud to an interview... But usually there are far fewer people being interviewed... So idk what I will choose.

Also, don't wear too much makeup

Archived