Premed 101 Forums

Help! Pharmacy MMI interview

xiongsyc

Hi everyone,

I am applying to UBC pharmacy program and I've completed everything so far except the interview which in coming up early next month.

I am really nervous about it because I am not very good at interviews.

Could anyone give me some advice as to what I should and should not do to prepare and during the actual interview? :)

Some specific questions I have are:

Am I allowed to take notes during the 2 minute preparation time and take the notes in with me?

Are they expecting me to talk very fast and talk in long sentences? (I am a slow speaker)

What if I finish all I have to say in like 3 minutes and have 4 minutes left with nothing to say?

Would they possibly interrupt you while you are talking? what if that makes you unable to finish what you planned to say?

Would they mind if I have a slight accent speaking English?

Should I initiate a handshake and introduce myself at each station?

How many "acting" stations are there?

Sorry to bombard all these questions at you guys.

If anyone has anything else they would like to add please do!

Thanks so much guys!!:) :) :)

by the way: My school gpa is about 6.78 on the 9 point scale, and my pcat composite score is 95%. How well should I do on the interview to get in?

Thanks again!!

Hi everyone,

I am applying to UBC pharmacy program and I've completed everything so far except the interview which in coming up early next month.

I am really nervous about it because I am not very good at interviews.

Could anyone give me some advice as to what I should and should not do to prepare and during the actual interview? :)

Some specific questions I have are:

Am I allowed to take notes during the 2 minute preparation time and take the notes in with me?

Are they expecting me to talk very fast and talk in long sentences? (I am a slow speaker)

What if I finish all I have to say in like 3 minutes and have 4 minutes left with nothing to say?

Would they possibly interrupt you while you are talking? what if that makes you unable to finish what you planned to say?

Would they mind if I have a slight accent speaking English?

Should I initiate a handshake and introduce myself at each station?

How many "acting" stations are there?

Sorry to bombard all these questions at you guys.

If anyone has anything else they would like to add please do!

Thanks so much guys!!:) :) :)

by the way: My school gpa is about 6.78 on the 9 point scale, and my pcat composite score is 95%. How well should I do on the interview to get in?

Thanks again!!

No.

No.

That's okay.

They're looking for your responses, they won't speak unless they have followup questions.

No.

A greeting is fine, don't know about handshakes. I remember H1N1 was scaring people when I had my interview, so they said no to handshakes. An introduction isn't necessary.

No idea.

As well as you can.

Archived