Premed 101 Forums

Question about Clerkship & Electives

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am wondering how the clerkship years 3 & 4 work. Do you spend most of your rotations in institutions directly affiliated with your school and then select electives elsewhere in places that you are interested in? Or do you complete core rotations other places too?

I keep hearing about "flying all over the country" for your rotations so I want to know if that is just for electives, or for your mandatory rotations as well?

I am going to be attending Queen's so maybe some insight from a Queen's student would be especially helpful.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am wondering how the clerkship years 3 & 4 work. Do you spend most of your rotations in institutions directly affiliated with your school and then select electives elsewhere in places that you are interested in? Or do you complete core rotations other places too?

I keep hearing about "flying all over the country" for your rotations so I want to know if that is just for electives, or for your mandatory rotations as well?

I am going to be attending Queen's so maybe some insight from a Queen's student would be especially helpful.

Thanks!

sorry not from Queens - but I can start :)

As I understand queens is it just like most schools - your core clerkship is completely at your home school. You don't have to fly around for that.

Archived