Premed 101 Forums

Need info - Research for med students

I will be attending UofC med school starting this year, and I am just wondering when can I do some research? Do students normally do research during their med school years as we don't get full summers (1st n 2nd years I guess cuz 3rd will be clerkship)? Is it a good and feasible idea? I have not done much research during my undergrad, so I am also wondering how can I find out about the research opportunities for med students? And what is the time commitment like?

Thanks for any help!!:)

All of the lectures are podcasted, so you can always review/skip the lectures if you want to unless they're mandatory.

With the IST and podcasted lectures, you are pretty flexible as far as finding time to do research or anything else you see fit. What it means you will have to spend time late in the evening to review the lectures and keep yourself up to date. It is not easy, but can be done.

There's also a leaders in medicine (LIM) program at UofC that you can be an affliate member in. They can provide some support for your research interest.

Thanks Lazyboy and Frozenarbitor!

So I am guessing that UofC will be giving us more information about research opportunities and becoming an affiliate member in LIM during our orientation week? Or how else can we go about it? Like talking to students doing their PhDs, talking to our preceptors, or something else? Thanks!

Archived