Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS MCAT Question

I submitted AMCAS with the MCAT section stating to not anticipate a new set of scores (i.e. I am not re-writing). However, I am re-writing in a couple of weeks to try to get my verbal score up for Canadian schools. I did this because I feel good enough about my last MCAT's overall score, and don't want my application to be placed on hold until my new scores are out. Does anyone know if American medical schools will simply look at my last scores based on my AMCAS statement, or will they find out that I re-wrote with the possibility of the new scores being used instead (and my file being placed on hold)?

Thanks in advance :)

I submitted AMCAS with the MCAT section stating to not anticipate a new set of scores (i.e. I am not re-writing). However, I am re-writing in a couple of weeks to try to get my verbal score up for Canadian schools. I did this because I feel good enough about my last MCAT's overall score, and don't want my application to be placed on hold until my new scores are out. Does anyone know if American medical schools will simply look at my last scores based on my AMCAS statement, or will they find out that I re-wrote with the possibility of the new scores being used instead (and my file being placed on hold)?

Thanks in advance :)

the mcat and amcas are both run by the same organization... you decide

Archived