Premed 101 Forums

Applying to Med with a MSc?

Hi everyone,

Do all Quebec Med Schools only look at Undergraduate GPA?

Would some of them disregard Undergrad marks and focus on Graduate marks?

I messed up my Bachelor's but I have changed and can prove it with my grad marks, would they consider me?

Thanks.

UdM is the only one that looks at M.Sc. if it advantages you. But they still look at your undergrad.

If you messed up UG, best thing to do is an other UG and try to apply at Queens or UOttawa where they look at your best 2 years / last 3 years.

UdM is the only one that looks at M.Sc. if it advantages you. But they still look at your undergrad.

If you messed up UG, best thing to do is an other UG and try to apply at Queens or UOttawa where they look at your best 2 years / last 3 years.

add western to thaat list as well

From UdeS and UL, my understanding is that they don't take a close look at the marks, but will give you an extra on your CRU for a completed M.Sc. (UdeS gives an extra 0,5 to the CRU). It won't help you much if your CRU is 30 to begin with but could be enough if you are close to the cut.

McGill also focuses mainly on undergrad marks, when filling in the academic excel document for the application, we didn’t have to include grad marks since they weren’t used in the GPA calculation. However, on their website having a graduate degree is mentioned under “overall academic context”, at least they look at it and consider as a supplement to your application.

Archived