Premed 101 Forums

Physician Assistant- Competitiveness?

Only a handful of schools that accept 14-20 students, plus you need 2000+ hours of experience in a healthcare setting. In my opinion, probably on par with medical school admission if not slightly harder, speaking from a numbers perspective.

Please tone it down a bit - You are almost trying to scare the OP from applying. PA school is not that hard to get into. Don't compare it to MD application. And not every school requires "2000+ hours of experience". Get off your high horse.

Please tone it down a bit - You are almost trying to scare the OP from applying. PA school is not that hard to get into. Don't compare it to MD application. And not every school requires "2000+ hours of experience". Get off your high horse.

How is it not that hard to get into? I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Possibly the view from your own high horse? Getting into PA school definitely isn't "easy".

• 2 weeks later...

As a graduate of McMasters PA Program, I can speak for the statistics of the students accepted into my class. You require a minimum of a 2 years undergrad with a cGPA of 3.0. With the above, your application will be reviewed in comparison with the other applicants of your year. With this being said, the median cGPA for the 24 students in our class was a 3.6, with a minimum of a 3.0 and a maximum of 3.99. We accepted one student out of 2nd year, all other students had an undergraduate degree, with numerous students having masters degrees/professional training. Nevertheless, the application process has become increasingly competitive as word continues to spread about this profession. It certainly is by no means an easy program to get accepted into.

• 3 months later...
As a graduate of McMasters PA Program, I can speak for the statistics of the students accepted into my class. You require a minimum of a 2 years undergrad with a cGPA of 3.0. With the above, your application will be reviewed in comparison with the other applicants of your year. With this being said, the median cGPA for the 24 students in our class was a 3.6, with a minimum of a 3.0 and a maximum of 3.99. We accepted one student out of 2nd year, all other students had an undergraduate degree, with numerous students having masters degrees/professional training. Nevertheless, the application process has become increasingly competitive as word continues to spread about this profession. It certainly is by no means an easy program to get accepted into.

Hey, did you have to send in your high school transcripts during your application process to Mcmaster? I have a BA in Biology and Economics and a ton of volunteer work.

Archived