Premed 101 Forums

Publication Status Update

Hi everyone,

I have a publication that is in the process of being submitted and accepted. Projected confirmation of acceptance is around mid-October, subsequent to OMSAS deadline date. If I emailed UT immediately regarding the publication update to change in my ABS from submitted to published, would this be in time/would they make the change in time for my full file-review for interview consideration?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a publication that is in the process of being submitted and accepted. Projected confirmation of acceptance is around mid-October, subsequent to OMSAS deadline date. If I emailed UT immediately regarding the publication update to change in my ABS from submitted to published, would this be in time/would they make the change in time for my full file-review for interview consideration?

Thanks

probably yes...also, are you a grad student? If so, you have time to submit it with your grad supplement package.

Yes I'm an UG. I think it'll be accepted for publication around mid-October. I'm going to ask for it to be included on my reference letter since the deadline is later than October, but I don't want there to be an inconsistency between my ABS and ref letter. Any thoughts?

The most your referee can say at this point is that it has been or will be submitted, which would be consistent with your ABS if you stated that you had a publication in progress/submission. There is some leeway with reference letter deadlines though that might work in your favour if you choose to submit them past the October deadline but before the December one.

Yup I was planning to submit the letter late (close to December) so that it would say the publication was published. So hopefully that works out. Thanks a lot thetumblingweed!

Hi everyone,

Thanks

In the process of being submitted and accepted? I assume you expect this paper to be accepted first shot. Things don't always work like that. Sometimes you have to shop your paper around and deal with a few rejections or revisions before gaining true acceptance. So be prepared that your paper may in fact not be accepted by mid October, as 2 months is pretty quick to go from submitted to accepted.

In the process of being submitted and accepted? I assume you expect this paper to be accepted first shot. Things don't always work like that. Sometimes you have to shop your paper around and deal with a few rejections or revisions before gaining true acceptance. So be prepared that your paper may in fact not be accepted by mid October, as 2 months is pretty quick to go from submitted to accepted.

Process of being submitted. Yeah I think you're right, I feel like the projected date is being pushed further and further.

Archived