Premed 101 Forums

Bio & Biochem as co-requisites

wpggal

Do you think it would be difficult to keep up with biochem if I took intro bio as a corequisite? I already have permission from the chair of the department, but I wanted to get input from others. I plan on writing the MCAT before taking biochem which would require me to do a fair bit of studying for bio, so it might leave me fairly prepared?

I'd prefer to postpone bio due to some medical things that will require some recovery time in the fall, I didn't want to worry about multiple labs and rescheduling, etc. while I'm trying to heal.

Do you think it would be difficult to keep up with biochem if I took intro bio as a corequisite? I already have permission from the chair of the department, but I wanted to get input from others. I plan on writing the MCAT before taking biochem which would require me to do a fair bit of studying for bio, so it might leave me fairly prepared?

I'd prefer to postpone bio due to some medical things that will require some recovery time in the fall, I didn't want to worry about multiple labs and rescheduling, etc. while I'm trying to heal.

Bio would be good knowledge and some background information before taking biochem. In my opinion it wouldn't be hard at all.

In my opinion, o-chem is a lot more helpful for biochem.

Archived